Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday September 23

Dad worked a few hours this morning.
Port got to go play at Canon's house while I went running.
Port came home and we cleaned his room together, then I tried to lay him down for a nap.
I painted the shelf on the stairs while Porter called my name the whole time.
Nap wasn't happening....
Oh well.
I got him out and that's about the time Dad got home.
And then Madi came home.
I have been promising her that we would go and buy her a jacket, since it is getting colder outside.
Well, we just keep running out of time, or forgetting.
So today I made sure to make time.
Once I got the little kids from school, Madi and I left to Target.
She also got herself an alarm clock, running shoes, and some under shirts.
That girl has been saving her money for years, and never spends it.
So she spent some of it today.
She didn't like any of the jackets at Target, so we went to Kohl's and she found 'the perfect one'.
We had a fun time and we had a great talk in the car on the way home.
This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.
Taking the time out to spend with my kids.
I know she enjoyed her self and she talked more and asked more questions then before.
It was pretty great.
We got home and had some great spaghetti squash from our garden.
Our first one and it was so yummy!
And we have a bunch of them in the garden, so I am excited that they are ready to pick now :)
*****
Then we had our FHE.
We talked about money and chores and our family responsibilities.
We are starting a new allowance thing.....we will see if it catches on :)
 


1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Fun shopping!! I love the pictures of the two of you!!