Friday, July 26, 2013

Thursday July 25

Here is our second day camping.....
*****
We woke up and went out of the trailer where the Young girls were getting the campfire started.
We got breakfast going.
It was our turn to cook.
We planned French toast and fruit.
We were told by other campers that there were huckleberries to be picked.
So they gathered a few and I boiled it with a bunch of sugar to make some syrup.
By the time it was done, people were pretty much done eating.
But a few of the kids tried it and really liked it.
I thought it was yummy :)
 
 
Batman joined us for breakfast :)
Silly boy.
 







*****
Then it was clean up time....
The kids were eager to get to the water, but it was still pretty cool.
So we went for a little walk instead.
The girls pretended to be our tour guides while we walked around the reservoir, well around part of it then back.
It was very beautiful.
 






Madi said she spotted a 'Red-headed Karabou'.
Goofy girls.
The whole walk they would spot things and come up with some funny thing about it.....
There were a bunch of trees falling in X's together, they said it was a sign of peace between the area cowboys and Indians.
 



We thought this was a cool tree.....shaped pretty crazy.
 

*****
Then it was back to camp for lunchtime.
After we ate sandwiches, Heather pulled out some torn t-shirts for the kids to make braided bracelets.
It was a big hit.
The boys even got in on it.
Dad braided a strap for Porter to hold his fishing pole with.
Apparently it took Dad a long time :)
 





 
Like I said before...there were lots of songs and hand chant things from girls camp.
Kara taught Madi (and the others) a 'Mormon Boys' song.
So funny.
Loved it....we had the big girls perform it.
 
 
*****
Then it was finally time to go swimming.
So we got all suited up and headed to the water.
 

The kids were happy there for several hours.
They collected frogs, frogs, and more frogs!
Brent brought some fishing poles...we didn't catch anything, but they had fun trying.
Port thought he was pretty cool.
They went back to the rope swing too.
And there was more rafting.
 









The Dads and the big girls wanted to cross the lake to check out he dock and jump off.
They said it was really shallow, so they couldn't jump off.
 



Oh they got so dirty....
 


They had a sand castle building contest.
Kara and Madi with Brae, and Kara and Cassi, but Cassi lost interest...
They made some cute castles.
 

The day before we went camping, I got stung on the buttock by a hornet.....
I had a crazy bad reaction to it.
My skin was hot and itchy and there was a large 6 inch diameter spot that was raw and swollen.
Anyway, Brent talked me into walking out into the cold water, which did help it to feel a little better.

 

More raft riding....
 



Sand castle end results...super fun
 



These geese came right up to us, hoping we had some snacks for them.
They got close and Cassi wanted to try and catch one.....
But they swam away, so Cassi tried to follow them.
I am kinda glad she didn't catch one....I am sure they aren't very nice.
 

*****
We went back to camp and got all showered off in cold water, but we were clean.
Played some games, sang more songs, played in the trees.
 




The Young girls made a spider web out of yearn, Port thought it was pretty great.
 



Porter didn't get a nap, obviously...
But Heather convinced him to let her hold him for 5 minutes for some quiet time.....which he needed, badly :)
 





*****
We had dinner this night.
We did the same sweet BBQ chicken we made last time we went camping, so yummy.
I think it was a big hit.
Dutch oven is pretty fun.
I think it will be fun to try out new recipes.
We also tried to make some Dutch oven cinnamon rolls....
They were yummy, but I packed the oven too full and it started to raise the lid while it was cooking.....so we tried to stack another one on top.
That didn't really help.
Oh well, next time I know to put less in.
But it was still yummy.
I also forgot to bring the frosting stuff, but it wasn't really cinnamon rolls....but still so good.
 




The kids always helped with dishes.
I think they all enjoy it....and they like it even more cause they get to do it with friends.
 

Messy messy Elsie.
 

Being SO CAREFUL not to cut anymore finger (or thumb) tips off.....
 

I told Madi to take a picture of me with Elsie so that someday, when they look back, they will see that I was actually there with them too :)
 

When the sun was setting I wanted to go and do more sunset pictures...but with the families.
Pretty cute.
 

 


I kind of messed up the jump camp every time....
I was just thinking about lifting Elsie and not paying attention that I was jumping on 2, not 3....whoops.
Still cute.
 

 
 I wanted a picture of the Young family too, but after the sunset picture, they were outta there!
So Heather snapped one of our family.
What a fun day it was.
*****
I know they all thought maybe I was a dork, but they all helped me....
I took pictures of stuff around the woods that were in the shapes of letters A-Z.
They are really fun and I will be posting that soon too as soon as I get them all together :)
Just making memories, ya know ;)
 



1 comment:

Cami said...

Where is this beautiful magical place that you went camping!? I'm gonna need to go there!