Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday July 26

We had such a fun camping trip!
I am sure I will get to blogging the last couple days soon :)
But we packed up and headed home today.
But first we had some yummy breakfast...and fit in a few more hand chants.
There was A LOT of that.
When you go camping with so many girls, two of them who just recently got back from girls camp.....You get a lot of camp song chants :)
It was fun.
Once we got all packed up, we headed out of the campground.
But when we first pulled in to the campground a couple days ago, something happened to make the breaks to the trailer short out.
Well, when we pulled out today, we needed to have breaks.
So we took a quick pit stop just outside the camp.
The kids ran around and the boys got to work fixing the problem.
Drew went back to camp to see if anyone had a volt meter.
He found a guy that happened to be an electrician (from Alaska) and he had a few tools in his truck.
Anyway, Brent got it fixed and we headed back down the windy, bumpy, canyon road.
Glad those breaks got fixed :)
We stopped in Ola for a little picnic lunch.
I am glad all these girls have each other to grow up with.
They are all such great friends.
The kids were pretty good on the drive home.
Elsie loved being able to sit by Dad, and spot where Port usually sits.
And Port loved the attention he got from the big girls.
We got home around 1:50 and found out I had a surprise presidency meeting to be to at 2....(they actually sent the text on Wednesday, but we didn't have any cell service, so I didn't get the message until we got back in service range...)
So I laid Port down for a nap and headed out, stinky camp smell and all :)
When I got home, Brent had already done a lot of cleanup, but I helped him finish it up.
Had some showers, dinner, and then some down time watching Americas Got Talent.
The kids all got to bed at a decent time...and now it's our turn.
Brent has to go back to work tomorrow....no fun.
And I get to do laundry.
Lot of it!
 











2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Fun times!! What a great trip!!

Young family said...

It was so fun...So glad you guys went with us... I know you took way more pictures than I did so I am going to need copies! Good luck with Laundry!