Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday June 19

Woke up this morning to Ports room in a flood.
From irrigation.
I tried to mop it up with towels, but there was so much.
I started squeezing the towels out into 5 gallon buckets and got 4 of them emptied when Dad brought in the wet-vac.
Which we ended up dumping once (10 gallons).
And the wet-vac is still half full....so that makes at least 35 gallons of water out of Ports room.
It is the weirdest thing!
Not a drop in Elsie's room, which is on the same side with the same amount of water.
Dad thinks it is because of the gas line that was dug for when we got the natural gas.
It's kind of a headache.
Once it is all dried up we need to find some kind of heavy duty sealer.
See if that works.
Anyway....it kept seeping in, so through-out the day I went in and vacuumed it up.
We will see what it looks like in the morning :)
It didn't help that it poured rain all morning.
Which is a good thing :)
Except it wasn't raining when I started my run this morning.....then it did.
So I came home soaking wet.
Didn't get my 6 miles either.
Oh well, tomorrow...
Port thought he would go out and help Cassi do the chores after it rained, in his underwear and boots.
Naturally, right :)
The rest of the day  was cleaning and working outside.
Dad got the fence up for my tomatoes to climb on.
So the garden is almost complete !
*****
While I was making dinner, I caught Cassi having some alone time outside.
She is my outdoors girl.
And animal lover :)
I thought she looked so cute sitting there...I had to get a picture, or course.
*****
Madi comes home tomorrow!
I am so excited to hear how it went!
 




1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

So sorry about Port's room. :o(

What a gorgeous rainbow!!

Can't wait to see you guys!!! :o)