Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday June 16

Happy Fathers Day!!!!!
I have the greatest Dads in the whole world.....
I am so blessed to have Brent as the Dad of our sweet children.
I am grateful for his example of hard work and determination.
And he loves his kids.
He loves them so much....so much.
And they look up to him and watch everything that he does in awe.
For the past 14 days I have gotten to have a little tiny bit of an idea of what life would be like if I didn't have him.
I knew I was dependant on him.
I knew I loved him.
But over the last two weeks, I know I could never go on without him.
Not just the regular every day things (for us).....like irrigation, animals, car troubles...., you know, that kind of stuff...
And the kid stuff....it has been hard without him here.
We just work better as a team.
I like it that way.
*****
And my own dad and Brent's dad are both amazingly selfless men.
Giving anything and all for their children.
They are great examples for their generations to follow and we are lucky to have them in our lives.
 


 
 
*****
It was a good day today for Dad, I think.
He got home from work this morning in enough time to get ready for church and go.
He was so tired.
But he made it :)
I had my first sharing time today.
I think it went pretty good.
I don;t feel much anxiety for the next time I have to do it....so that is good.
The kids are rowdy.
Hopefully we can change that.
I kinda got on them a couple times (the older primary kids) and the piano teacher told me 'It's about time someone calls them out on their behavior!'
So hopefully with this new presidency, we can set new standards on what is okay and not okay to do in primary.
We came home and had lunch and then the boys got to have a nap.
The girls painted while I cleaned up the dishes.
Both Madi and Cassi painted some beautiful paintings.
I wish we had more time for art.....I just need to work it in :)
For dinner I bought dad some t-bone steaks.
I had no idea how to cook them, but I was willing too, but he ended up doing it anyway :)
It turned out yummy.
And we also had sweet potato fries that Port helped prepare.
Port also helped me make a cheesecake for dessert, cause that is dads favorite!
While dinner was getting ready, Madi and Elsie hung outside for a bit.
I love when we can get Elsie outside!!!!
Cassi was back and forth driving the 4-wheeler to go see Bubbles' new cow :)
After dinner, Cassi played the song she wrote for Dad.
She did it to the tune of 'Ring of Fire'.
It's a pretty cute little song, with some funny parts in it.
I need to video record it!!!!
I think daddy had a good day with is family!
 








 

No comments: