Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday June 17


This little beauty made her way off to girls camp this morning.
I can't believe it.
We have definitely missed her today....and I am sure the next few days will only get worse :)
But I am so excited for her.
I got her to the church at 7:00 sharp, just like we were supposed to.
There was only one other car there....and no one else started showing up until 7:30!!!!!
I was worried we had the wrong place to meet.
It was craziness!
Anyway.
I hung out for a bit with Madi until the leaders showed up.
But by then I couldn't pull out because there was a car parked in front of me and they had the trailer being loaded at the back of me.....
So I was kinda stuck.
I just hung out by Madi until 8, when they started getting girls loaded....
Mormon standard time at it's best!!! :)
It was fun to watch Madi and the other kids.
She is very quiet and doesn't put herself out there to go talk to any groups and just ends up standing there by herself.
But there are some great girls in the ward who kept saying "Madi are you excited for camp?", "Aren't you tired too, Madi?" "This is gonna be so fun Madi!" "Come ride with us Madi" (but too bad the car got full before she made it there....no big deal, she found another car.)
So I am glad to know that there are girls there who will include her and help her get to know the other girls.
But I am also glad she's not as annoying as many of the other girls were!!!!
Okay that was mean, sorry.....
Madi is a good girl and I am so excited to hear how much fun she has at camp!!!
I am proud of what kind of young woman she is turning into.
Love her!
*****
When I got home, Cassi and I ran 1/2 mile together and I got a total of 6 miles!!!!
Yay!
That is my goal.
Guess I need a new goal :)
I was only gonna do 5 miles.
But thanks to some birds trying to protect their nests (very scary!), I was forced to take a different direction in my run.
And it ended up totally at just over 6 miles!!!
Dumb birds, but they did get me to my goal :)
While Dad went to the gym, the little kids and I went outside.
I finished planting watermelon, cantaloupes and honey dew in the garden.
Tomorrow I will plant the pumpkins.
I wasn't going to put them in the garden, but we will have room.
So I am gonna put them there where we don't have to worry about putting more water lines, since they are already set in the garden.
I am loving my garden this year.
Everything it growing good and there are hardly any weeds!
And I can control the weeds that do come up!!!
It is so great!!!!
Next I mowed the lawn while Dad worked on fixing the riding mower.
I could have waited, but I wanted to see the distance it would be like I did with the front yard.
It seemed to take forever!!!!!
It was long, so there was a lot of emptying the bag involved.
But it ended up being 2 miles!
By then he had the riding mower fixed and they (Cassi and Dad) mowed the orchard in no time, but I bet that would have been another mile.
After all that, it really was too hot to be outside anymore.
So we hung inside for a bit and had dinner and then watched 'The Muppet Movie'.
I think it was a successful day :)
 
 
This is hard to tell what the picture is.....my phone was kinda foggy from the heat I guess.
But Dad used the tractor to pull the lawn mower up on it's end so he could put the new part in.
Worked like a charm :)

No comments: