Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday March 10

So.....
Madi and Cassi are really testing my patience.
I really wish they could get along....just being in the same room together without fighting would be great!
Today in Sacrament meeting they were pretty bad.
They had to sit by each other....which I try to avoid.
But today they were by each other.
And they just couldn't handle it.
I was disappointed with how they acted.
I warned them....if they kept fighting and didn't listen then they would have to sit together for an hour after church.
Well, they just couldn't do it.
So when we got home, I let them eat lunch, but then they headed to the playroom.
I told them they had to sit at the table and read the scriptures back and forth and if I heard them fighting then I would add 10 minutes each time.
Okay...maybe a bad parenting move for me to put the scriptures in with the punishment....
I see that now :)
BUT.....I think it worked beautifully.
There was no fighting and they were happy that they got so far in their scripture reading.
Maybe next time (hopefully not a next time....) I will let them chose what they will read, but they HAVE to read it together.
They need to learn to do things together.
Love those girls....and they drive be bananas!!!!
Madi looks grumpy in the first picture, but that is cause I opened the door and surprised her with the camera snapping a picture :)
Once they were done.....we just hung out a bit.
They went outside...it was such a beautiful day.
They drew on the trampoline with chalk and played out there for quite a while during Porters nap.
Dad bought a boomerang thing from the Monster truck show last night.
Well, it got stuck way up high in the tree this afternoon.
After a few failed attempts (and a big gash on his head) he found a good way to get it.
He attached fishing line to the arrow and shot it up there to grab it out.
Worked like a charm :) 
 





No comments: