Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday February 21

Today was one of those days that went from one place to another to another....kinda crazy.
 

Port was a big helper in getting things to move along this morning.
He got himself dressed...good job buddy :)
*****
So the day started off with Port and I setting up at the school for Art Smart gallery night.
I am the art mom for Elsie's class.
It is a great program.
They have a binder for each class, each month, with different artists to learn about.
And then they have a gallery night when they display the artwork.
So we got things organized, labeled and hung up.
Except the big mural that went in the lunchroom, we couldn't hang that up until after 1:00.
When we were done with that stuff, I had about 30 minutes to spare before I had to pick up Elsie, so Port and I went to the car wash.
(Kinda kicking myself now since it is supposed to rain tomorrow....)
But the car was bad....I didn't even want to touch the car cause it was so dirty...or lean into it to get kids out.
It needed it bad!
Then it was back to get Elsie.
Make a quick lunch and then head out to Katie's for some PT.
She did pretty good.
She has had a rough couple days, falling a lot.....I think it may be because of that storm coming in.
But we did get her to do a lot of stuff....
She did the worm thing again.
She loves that.
She loves that feeling of pressure.
She loves sitting in the beans, the worm gives her that sensory input all over her body....and she LOVES the ball pit.
It just reminds me of her being swaddled so tightly as a baby, and I understand why that worked for her....why it was the only thing that would work :)
Anyway, then we headed back to the school to hang up the mural.
Well, I hopped out of the car to hear a hissing sound.
There was a huge nail in the tire....
Like a horse shoe nail.
And it was losing air fast.
I took the kids and ran inside to see if I could hurry and hang the mural and get home before it was completely flat.
Well, lucky me, someone had already hung the mural.
That  worked out in my favor :)
So we ran back out to the car, and called dad.
He told me to go home and fill it then head to Les Swab.
But once I got home, we decided that I (we) could change it.
The tires are really bad.....no tread.
We need new tires.
Brent didn't think they would fix the nail hole with how bad the tires are.
So he will go in when he gets home and figure out the tire situation......
But he helped me out....finding the tools and stuff to change the tire.
And I did it :)
 

I know how to change a tire.....it has just been FOREVER!
So it was good to do it again :)
*****
So once the kids did their homework, and I got them fed, it was time to head to Gallery night at the school.
It is a pretty fun set up.
They have  4 rooms off the lunchroom set up with different art things.
One room had a local artist painting a piece while the kids and people watch, and help him pick colors and what to paint.
The kids thought it was pretty cool to watch him.
We kept checking back in to see how far he had come.
pretty cool.
One room had the high school art students with cute art projects for the kids.
And there was face painting and one room had some historic types of art.....
The museum was in charge of that project.
Drawings with charcoal.
Pretty fun.
They also had a pianist playing out in the main 'gallery' (lunchroom).
It was a nice night.
The theme for the mural was 'Idaho Symbols'.
Kindergarten was assigned the Syringa Flower.
 

This is the idea we came up with.
I think it turned out cute.
Each kid made their own tissue paper Syringa Flower, and we just attached them all together.
It turned out pretty cute.
 
 
Cassi wanted make-up done by the face painter :)
Silly girl.

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

What a day!!! Wow!! The mural turned out so awesome!

Young family said...

way to go...changing the tire- I would have made Drew come by in the truck-