Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday January 29

Elsie makes me laugh.
Everything she does, she does all the way.
She is so focused in what she does.
She is becoming very confident, but also more stubborn.
She knows if she wants, or doesn't want to do something.
And there is no changing her mind very easily.
She worked out with me today after she got home from school.
She went and picked out her own 'workout' clothes.
Changed herself (very proud of her for that :).
We worked out.
After that, she finished up her homework, then painted.
I always have a hard time throwing anything away that she draws.
Everything she does is very abstract.
But it is always so colorful and very bold lines, and just beautiful.
I love it.
I thought I would start saving them and cut it up into squares to glue on the front of a blank card to use for thank-you cards and such.
Anyway.....the only problem....she has a had time keeping the art supplies away from her mouth.
Silly girl.
She is very comfortable in her skin and likes to do what she wants to do.
I caught her eating her own yogurt, that she got herself, just hanging out on the couch watching a show.
I had to laugh.
It does drive me crazy how she is so stubborn, but really this is such a good thing and it has helped her to be a determined little girl and has helped her do all the things she wants to do!
We also made her some play dough today.
So she had her cookie cutters out.....Halloween cookie cutter, of course :)
I went upstairs after doing some laundry and saw her talking with her cookie cutters.
She was asking them what they were going to be for Halloween.
Made me laugh pretty hard.
I love this girl and the light that she is in our lives.
I love her determination, her stubbornness, her creativity and her imagination!
Just a perfect little Elsie package :)
 




1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, I love that little girl!!!!!!