Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday October 29

The day started out VERY early today.
Brent was up just after 4:00 today to meet up with the rest of his group to head to the airport for their 6:30 flight.
The 6:30 flight that kept getting delayed, due to the fog.
He finally got out of Boise in a 12:00 flight.
He had to stay at the airport for the whole time.
It killed him.
Killed me.
I hated it, knowing he was right there.
Anyway.
But because his flight was delayed they missed their flight out of SLC, so then had a 4 hour layover in Salt Lake.
He just landed in Atlanta Georgia about 10 minutes ago.
That was not the original airport they were planning to go to.
Now they have to rent a car and make a 4.5-5 hour drive to their hotel in Savannah.
I feel so bad for him.
They have all been awake for such a long time.
They tried to sleep on the flights, but Brent said it was so bumpy....not much happened.
I just pray that they will keep each other up while they drive for that long.
And then they are back up bright and early in the morning for the first day of conferences.
He started out excited....now he is just exhausted!
I am sure he will b e back to excited soon enough (after some good shut eye!)
*****
I was up working out when Elsie came upstairs at 5:45.
So we had an early start too, but at least I got some stuff done.
Well, kinda.
Brent and I did download and start playing the 'draw something' game.
It is pretty cool that we can play games together even though he is not with me :)
Anyway....it was a rough morning with the kids.
And then I got a call from Mrs. Jodie telling me that she was not feeling good and had a substitute today, and so did Mrs. Grayson.
So I did not have high hopes of her going to school today.
But I Got her there anyway.
Luckily the sub aid was a familiar face.
She is Mrs. Graysons sister in law.
And she had been in the classroom before and she was so sweet and excited to see Elsie....and off Elsie went.
No problem.
Good girl!
(Lets hope that is how things go when she has a dentist appointment on Thursday.....)
Porter had speech today, like he does every Monday.
I usually take him in and then go work in Elsie's class.
When Mrs. Cristy brought him back to me, she had given him his own little folder with his own homework in it.
He was so excited!!!
Then he told me that he needed a backpack.
I told him we would have to look for one.
Then all day he asked me when we would go and get one.....
Then I remembered that we had Elsie's old one laying around (I am trying to gather old backpacks to put together 72 hour clothing kits for us...)
He was so excited that it looked like a BumbleBee backpack (transformers...)
So we are all set.
He is so excited to go to speech next week with is BumbleBee backpack!
 

He also thinks it is very cool to have his own homework.
She printed off the game board game for him and in the spaces you land on it has things like, fill your cheeks with air and then slowly blow the air out and other mouth muscle sort of things.
He things it is great.
We are trying to work on vowels.
Cause he doesn't say them very well.
So he has a couple worksheets too, to help him work on those vowel sounds.
He is doing really good and making some good progress.
He is a good kid.
 

 
*****
I hope the day goes good for Brent tomorrow.
I hope he gets some awesome sleep over the next few days :)
Just wish he would get some tonight!

1 comment:

The Peterson Homestead said...

Hope everything went well for Brent. Crazy situation but I am just thankful that he is safe!