Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday October 30

Well, I had a very boring day around here.
So we will just talk about Dad and what he has been up to while he has been away.
He sent me a text this morning at 1:30 when they finally reached the Hotel.
They got checked in and crashed in bed for about 1 1/2 hours before they had to get up.
They are two hours ahead of us, so he had to get up at 3:30 our time for it to be 5:30 his time, to make it to his convention by 6:00.
And they lasted all day on that 1 1/2 hour of sleep....after being awake from 4:00 the previous morning til 2:00 this morning.
I don't know how they survived.
He said about 4 of the 6 of them kept falling asleep in the middle of it all.
But Brent said he is having such a great time.
There is some really neat stuff they are teaching.
Lots of stuff going on.
He ran into a guy he worked with when he worked for South Salt Lake, kinda cool.
After the convention, they were all eager to get to bed, but they had to return their rental car.
So they did that, then had their dinner and he called me at 7:00 (our time) and they were ready to crash.
I sure hope he has an awesome sleep tonight.
I want him to get as much as he can out of this.....he loves this stuff.
He has been a good boy and he has been sending me pictures all day.
He tells me that I would love it there.
Lots of old world stuff.
And by the pictures, I think I really would love it there!
I think it would be a lot of fun tot be there with him.
Maybe some day.
I am hoping that his trip back home on Thursday evening goes without a hitch.
Here are his shots from the day.
I can't wait to see and hear more.
 













*****
And like I said, my day was very boring.
I am still so tired.
I may have to go get some blood work done and make sure everything is good.
It is more than just sleepy.
After I got the girls off this morning, I out a movie for Port and cuddled him on the couch so I could take a nap.
I planned to lay for a little bit and then clean up.
Well, I could not get up until I had to go get Elsie from school.
Very unproductive.
I hate that.
Especially when I have so much to get done!
Well, I got Port down for a nap and managed to clean a bit and edit some photos.
When Madi got home, I decided to go for a run.
I needed to get out and I needed to workout.
It felt good.....
Then I showered and when Cass got home I took the plunge and decided to take all the kids shopping.
We have nothing around here to eat for the kiddos.
Anyway, I thought "How bad could it be?"
Well, I guess it wasn't too bad.
But There was some fighting and me being called the worst mom cause I wouldn't buy the stuff they wanted.
But we are all good and all is forgiven.
I will say it again, I won't be taking them all shopping with me again.
(wonder how long that promise will last...)
This is before shopping and after we got suckers from the bank.
All happy and crazy.
We wanted to send Dad a picture since he was sending us such fun ones :)
 


No comments: