Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday July 31

Today we dug up and transferred two trees.
One tree was just planted in a bad spot.
We think that maybe one of the owners thought the big tree wasn't gonna live, so they planted this one to take it's place....
Well, we have saved the big beautiful one, so we wanted to move this little one.
It was struggling to get the light it needs anyway....bending itself out from under the big one.
We just moved it closer to the front road.
I think it will be a nice place.
Hope it survives.
I think we did a good job and got a really big root ball with it.....with lots of hard work with the tractor.
And then we had a seedling that must have started itself a long time ago buried in the bushes lining the driveway.
It was a good size, probably 2 inches in diameter.
We pulled that out....which was a pretty tough task.
We planted it out back by the garden to help shade the backyard some more.
I think we are gonna lose the big Dutch Elm we have out back.
It is looking bad.
But it is probably really old anyway...it has seen better days.
But I love the shade it puts out.
Anyway, we need to start thinking of future options in case we need to cut it down.
I am excited to see if they live.



*****
Cassi got invited to a little boys birthday party today and it was Ninja themed.
Sounds like it was a pretty rocking party :)
Cassi came home with all kinds of fun ninja stuff and excited to show everyone.
Dad made the other kids some foam swords like the one Cassi made at the party.


But Porter really wanted Cassi's....I think eventually she gave it to him.
I know he is sleeping in bed with it right now.



Elsie kept attacking me while I was taking pictures.
She was having so much fun.





This next little sequence of pictures just makes me laugh.





Look at that smile.
He is forgiven for sure :)
*****
On a side note.....this little boy is getting really good at running on the rocks with bare feet.
I don't know why he won't just put his shoes on!!!!!



1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

So much fun!! Love the swords! :o)