Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday June 17

Happy fathers Day to one amazing man.
I am so grateful to have him as the father of our children.
He is always eager to teach them new things.
He loves to spend time and do fun things with them.
They love to work with him.
He is a great example of hard work and dedication.
He has a special bond with each one of the kids and they each KNOW just how special he thinks they are.

I am so thankful for a day that we get to celebrate all that he does for us and try to give back the way he gives to us.
We had a fun day.
Before church I got all the kids bathed and showered so that we could still do our fun stuff and still be ready for church in time.
We made him breakfast in bed.
We made bacon and eggs and we were planning to make a breakfats wrap....but didn't have tortillas.
So I decided to make my own.
It was a big failure.
Well, I guess not a big failure as long as you weren't expecting tortillas.
They still tasted good....just couldn't be used in a tortilla way.
Oh well.
He is used to me not getting things quite perfect :)
At least I try....
We took it down to him and told him there was a clue under his his plate and to come up and open it when we are all with him.
Then there was  a clue to lead him to each kids room where they had a gift for him.
Each envelope also had one of those questionairs that kids fill out about their dad.
It was pretty dang funny.
Porter's gift was a new seat cushion for dads tractor.
And a couple bags of Daddy's favorite treats.
Elsie had a basket full of more of dads favorite treats.
Then we headed to Cassi's room.
Cassi wrote a lilttle song for Dad.
It is so cute and I sure love to hear that girl sing.
(I will try and upload it...cause I did record it)
Madi's gift was two movie tickets so that dad can take me out on a date.
And I was boring and just gave him some new pictures of the kids to hang in his locker.
He also keeps a picture of the kids inside his helmet.
I just love that.
They are always close to him :)
So he got a few prints for those reasons.
*****
After church we were invited to go out to Pat and Steve's for a steak dinner.
A way better dinner than I could have made for Brent!!!
It was a perfect evening.
Lots of fun with great people.
Thanks so much guys!!!
*****
Here are some of the pictures of the kids that I took for Dad





1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Such a great Father's day!

Cassi - You are so amazingly talented!!