Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday June 16

I think my one of my most favorite things that has happened since we moved here has been the drastic change in the relationship between Madi and I.
We were at a not so great place less than a year ago.
Fighting all the time about dumb things.
Not a horrible place, just not the Mother/daughter relationship I longed to have with her.
But things changed when we moved here.
She has blossomed....and I have too.


She is a hard little worker, and she really enjoys being out there with Mom and Dad.
I am proud of her and the kind, honest, loving, beautiful young woman she is turning out to be.
We have been running together at least 3-4 times a week.
We have so much fun.
She runs 2 and a half miles with me, then she goes back home and Cassi rides her bike with me for the rest of the run.
It works out nicely.
It is fun to go with Cassi too, but I don't get to talk with her much, cause I am busy trying to keep up with her.
She helps me work on speed :)
But with Madi, we have a fun time.
It is a good opportunity for her to tell me about things she is feeling and worries in her life.
Or the exciting things in her life that we are just too busy to sit down and talk about.
I am so thankful she asked if we could be running partners.
I think it has helped us build a foundation that will hold us together and strong forever.

*****
We did irrigation stuff pretty much all day today.
Trying to figure out how to get mater to all the places that desperately NEED it!
I think we, well, Dad, came up with a good system.
Now we need a few more weeks of irrigation under our belt and things might get a little more green around here :)
We also cleared the front yard area to get ready to seed.
We debated whether or not to sod or seed.
Sod is just too expensive.
So seeding it is.
It will be nice to have that patch of dirt turned into some nice green grass :)

2 comments:

Lora said...

Kim
My name is Lora Tolman (I'm friends with your sister sara) a while back I came across your blog (I think sara or Cami had said something about your amazing photo skills). I saw you were going private, and before your did I wanted to leave a comment and just say thank you. I have found so much inspiration in reading about your beautiful family. I admire the amazing mother you are, the activities and skills your do and learn together as a family and the love you express in each post for life and all who are in it. My little family has been having a really tough year (who hasn't had those times) but it has been so nice and uplifting to read your fun daily posts! I am soon going to attempt posting once a day on our family blog and I guess we'll see how it turn out! Anyway, thank you for your positive attitude on life and your example of making beautiful things happen when you work hard together!
Lora Tolman
mikeandlora.blogspot.com

Emily Peterson said...

Madi is a wonderful girl!!