Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday January 26

Stumbo Family Story
This post is a part of the CP connection.
Elsie is working hard on her stairs.....she doesn't give up.
She makes us proud every day.
Thanks for visiting our blog.
Feel free to come back anytime.
It is a place where I talk about our family on our new farm, what it is like living with 4 kiddos, as well as our life with CP.
We love our life!

*****
I just had to write a couple more things about the boy.
He is earning stickers to put on his Buzz picture.
It is actually working really well.
He is staying in his bed all night.....
He is being a pretty good boy so he can get stickers.
He asks me every morning....
"Yoo sink I can ave a sticker now?"
So cute....but the cutest part is how he sounds when he says it?
I don't even know how to explain it, but it is so gosh darn cute!!!
I laugh everytime.
He cracks me up!
And NO, you are wrong....I do NOT give in a give him a sticker every time, even if he is cute.
He does actually have to earn it!

Dad was doing taxes this morning and Port asked me if I wanted to play 'Angry Birds'.
I was happy to join him.
That kid takes this game pretty seriously.
He was back a way further then scooted himself up.
He looked at me and told me not to worry cause 'Dis isnt cheatin.'
Silly boy :)
*****
Elsie had PT with Katie today.
She has been very diligent about doing her 'homework'.
She always wants to go up and down by herself.
Today we focused on going down the stairs.
She does it pretty easily by holding onto the rail.
But she ALWAYS goes with her left foot down first because her right leg is the strong side, and can hold up while the leg is bent.
We are trying to get her to lead with the right foot, so her left leg gets that same kind of strength workout.
It is hard for her to change that.
First of all, she is set i her ways.
It is easier for her to do it that way, so it has become automatic.
So we are trying to retrain the brain NOT to do that.
It is gonna take some time, which is no problem.
This girl is always willing to go further and be better :)
(By the way...after 4 years of therapy I am finally catching on that it works much better for her to wear nice, loose fitting clothes...)


When Katie left I decided it was time to paint downstairs.
Brent mixed up about 3 cans of paint that we already had and made a really pretty light grayish, blue color.
So while I got started on the painting, Elsie hung out with Dad.
They started by collecting metal around the place so we can go turn it in for some money.
But then it turned into Elsie pointing to where the 'fires' were.....and they would rush to go save the children and put out the fire.
It kept her entertained, and he still got to do the work he wanted to do.
A win-win situation if you ask me!!!



*****
I did not finish painting....but what I did do looks awesome!
Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow.
It will be fun to get some pictures up on the wall and hopefully get the piano in there.
Anyone want to come over and help move the piano in?????

4 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

What a great day! I can't wait to see you guys again!! Keep it up on your PT Elsie Rose!!

Rachel said...

Keep working hard Elsie.
How much father does porter have to earn his buzz?
I am excited to see your finished family room. Remember to post pictures.
If we were around we would be right there to help move it in. Just be careful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful family and story. Hopped from CP Connection.

Ellen Stumbo said...

I always love your pictures! She seems to be doing so well with stairs! That is really incredible. I cannot remember, but has she had any surgeries?