Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday January 27

We had a pretty busy day.
After we got the big girls off to school we headed out doors to get some fence pulled.
These fences are in really bad shape.
We went back and forth trying to decide if we should try to repair what was there or just start all over.
Well, it would take a heck of a lot to make these fences hold in any kind of animals.
So, we decided we would start over.
But, these had to come down.
They are worth something in scrap metal though.
Brent hauled off 1250 lbs of metal to United Metal today.
That is a lot of fence pulling :)
When Dad took Port to the metal place, Elsie and I hung out at home and I finished painting downstairs.
Well, almost finished.
I am gonna be doing something with the stairs, but have to do some mudding again first.....
I need to do a before and after picture.
But it isn't quite finished yet.
We are gonna re-brick the fireplace and get a cheap gas insert of some kind.
Then we still need to put molding around the floor.
Other than that, it is done.
I am loving it and it is so nice to have that extra room down there.
I probably shouldn't wait until it is done to put a picture.....maybe I will do that tomorrow.


While painting......Elsie has discovered 'Blues Clues'.
She watched those episodes on Netflix over and over again while I painted.
I am pretty sick of Blues Clues.
Oh well....she was happy and kept busy so I could get my painting done.
We will watch less TV tomorrow :)
You can kind of see the paint color in the picture.
I think it turned out really nice.
It will look really cool when we get the red brick up on the fireplace.

1 comment:

Chalisse Martineau said...

Blues Clues is a favorite at our house too. About 10 years ago I babysat a little boy that watched it over and over again, now my boys are doing the same thing. It's funny... I remember a lot of the episodes.