Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday January 28



Okay...even though it is unfinished....I still wanted to share a little before and after.
We are loving this extra room downstairs.
The TV is only hooked up to the Wii....so there isn't the regular TV shows.....but we do have Netflix, so it works out great as a movie room :)
I want to put the piano on the wall with the fireplace.
The fireplace will look cool.
I am thinking of extending the brick all the way to the ceiling.
It will be red brick, so I am excited about that.
Secretly, I would love to brick the whole wall.....I LOVE brick walls!
*****
I feel like today was kind of a mad dash of a day.
Madi and Elsie both had birthday parties.....
One right after another....actually, they kind of overlapped a bit.


Anyway, I was worried about Elsie staying, but she did, and did a great job.
It was a ballet party and she got to dress up as a ballerina and have a real ballerina lesson from a real ballerina.
I think ballet may work its way into being ANOTHER obsession she has.
Horses, Buffalo's, and Ballet :)
I wish I had a better cell phone for pictures!
Oh well.
She looked so dang cute in that ballet outfit :)



Anyway...Cassi was feeling bad that she didn't get to do anything fun.
So we decided to rent a 'Just Dance' game from Redbox.
That kept her happy and busy and not whining at me all day.
I had enough whining!!!
Porter is not feeling good.
He is complaining of his ears.....but I don't think we are quite to an ear infection.
I think maybe they feel muffled to him.
But he has a major runny nose and sneezing like crazy as well as a sore throat.
So who knows.
Later this evening.....Elsie was acting the same way.
She could have been just plain exhausted.....but still, she was having some major melt downs.



They are all off to bed.
I am soon to follow.
I am not feeling so hot either.
I just wanted to sleep all day long.
Madi kept saying she felt like that too.
So I guess we have a bug at our house.
And I guess I will be sloughing church again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Sorry you've got some sickness at your house. :o(

Elsie makes an adorable ballerina!! What a fun idea for a birthday party!

Young family said...

Kim- Call if you need anything. So sorry about the sickness again and that you are missing church again...but your movie room looks great! love the color!

MegJill said...

I haven't had a chance to read your blog for a while.... but your room looks sooo good! I am continually impressed with all the work your family is doing at your new place. It really is looking nice. LOVE the blue color you guys made.
Hopefully your sickness will leave soon as I am sure you don't feel you have time to slow down and be sick!