Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday January 29


We kept it pretty laid back today.
Port was up at the break of dawn....4:30.
I told him he DID NOT get a sticker for that.
Hopefully he will choose differently tomorrow morning :)
The kids ate a lot of applesauce and yogurt today.
We lounged around all day.


I sure wanted to take it easy.
But the dog put me to work today.
We put his doghouse up against the back of the garage.
There was a bench there that we moved and some random slate rocks scattered around the place.
Well, Mater has to stay on a chain now when we aren't out there.
Thanks to his little friend dog who taught him HOW to leave our place.
He was so good at staying right around the house before that bad influence came around!!! :)
Anyway.....his leash kept getting caught on the corners of the flat rocks, and he would get it caught up in there and not be able to move.
So I decided instead of going out there every 20 minutes to free him, I would just move the rocks.
There didn't seem to be very many.
I hooked the 4-wheeler trailer up to the 4 wheeler and filled the rocks in that.
Well, let me tell ya, there were way more than there 'seemed' to be.
So I got them all loaded up....got on the 4-wheeler to head out.....but I had the trailer way too heavy to move anywhere.



So I thought I would just leave it there and see what Dad could do to help in the morning.
Well, Mater then continued to wrap himself around the 4-wheeler.
I had no choice....I unloaded each rock, once again, over by the cement pad.
Like I said....I meant to take it easy today :)

Anyway....I want to use the rocks somewhere around the front of the house....place them so some moss can grow between the cracks.
I love that look.
And it might freshen up the front of the house a bit :)
Just not sure how to do it.....or what it might look like...
Any suggestions???

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Sorry about all the extra work Mater caused you!

I love that picture of Elsie & Port – so sweet how his arm is around her shoulder!