Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday January 30

Great news for both the big girls....
Cassi was picked to move on with the spelling bee for her 2nd grade class.
She is very excited and we are very proud.
She didn't do any practicing....so maybe with some practice she can do even better :)
Madi Bell came home and she was picked to be on the jump rope team.
She is excited...but has mixed feelings.
She was asked if she could be the backwards jumper.
She is worried she will mess up and not go far.
I told her that she has already come so far, and beat out so many other kids....she doesn't need to worry.
She will rock!


So it was a rough morning for me.
Elsie was up at 3:30.
We went in the TV room and I put 'Blues Clues' on for her and tried to sleep on the recliner.....
I got a little sleep except for having to start a new 'Blues Clues' every 24 minutes :)
Anyway....I kept her home from school.
She would have been a wreck!
We did get the little ones to take a nap at the same time.
Elsie fought it....
But I knew if she didn't get a nap, she would fall asleep for the night at 5, and then be up at 3 again.
I didn't want to do that!
Once the little ones were asleep.....Dad and I took some times for ourselves.
We watched a movie.
It has a been a long time since we sat and didn't do anything, together.
It was nice.
After the movie we got to talking for a bit.
Now I am just writing this down so I will remember it.
It was a testimony building experience that I want to remember.
I told him how I had a really hard time falling asleep last night.
I got to bed at a decent time....but for some reason, had a hard time falling asleep.
I kept hearing funny noises.
I knew I was just being silly.....cause I was so tired.
The thing was, I felt perfectly safe.
I told Brent that it was him I was feeling worried and uneasy about.
I told him that I heard a noise....a grunt from one of the kids....went to go check them out and felt an overwhelming urge to just kneel right there and say a prayer.
A prayer for our family, but mostly for Dads safety.
I kept having dreams of a red suburban driving up to my front door and telling me that I had lost my husband.
It was the worst night.
As I am telling him this, he looks at me and asks what time it was that I was feeling this.
I told him it was around 11 or 11:30.
He then tells me about a call he went on last night, exactly at that time.
He said the call was weird to begin with.
The story kept changing (the dispatcher was getting the info) as they were on their way to the place.
So they weren't quite sure what they were going into.
The call first came in as an unknown medical that came in from the apartment neighbor.
They walked up the stairs and their hose man knocked on the door.
Before the door was opened, Brent heard the dispatch say that they should wait for PD cause it had changed to a potential battery victim with perpetrator possibly on location.
But the hose man had already knocked on the door.
The door opens and a woman peeked through the door and all you can see is her face with blood on it.
They said that they were the Fire Department, and said that they had gotten a call that someone needed help.
She said she didn't need help.
Hose man tried to talk her into getting some medical care and started to push on the door.....
Brent pulled him back and asked her again if they could help her....and asked her if maybe she would feel safer if she was to step out with them.
She got angry at them and kept saying that she didn't need anybody and that she never called them.
And she opened the door enough to step out in order to see how many were in the hallway.
She again said that she never called and didn't need their help and that they should just leave.
Brent said they all had an uneasy feeling about what might be on the other side of that door.
They decided to walk back down the stairs and wait for PD.
By the time PD showed up to talk with the lady, they did not find any suspect on scene.
After a long time PD radioed back and said that she didn't want to press charges and was refusing medical help.
So they were free to go back to the station.
I, myself, have no doubt that they would have been in danger.
Who knows what could have happened if they pushed through the door.
Who knows if the perp was there behind the door....who knows if the lady herself had a gun or something.
Who knows what could have happened?
All I know is that Brent was being protected.
I know that both of our experiences were connected.
I am Thankful that he was safe and knew NOT to go in.
I am Thankful that I knelt down and prayed as soon as I felt like I needed too.
Anyway.
Just so happy to have my man back home with me tonight :)

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Congrats to Madi & Cassi!!

Wow, what a great story about following the promptings of the Holy Ghost and of the power of prayer Kim!! Thanks for sharing it. I'm glad Brent is safe and sound.

Young family said...

Yay for the girls!
Hope Elsie got better sleep last night, and am so glad everyone is safe... I too have imagined, and dreamed of having someone come tell me Drew was hurt or killed.
What an amazing blessing the Holy Ghost is... to prompt us and to help us feel calm...
Hope your day is great!

Rachel said...

Aren't you glad you listened to that feeling? I am glad you shared this story. Thanks, Kim!