Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday October 25



I am so excited for Porter to be potty trained!
He went all day again without an accidents.
He even went to co-op this morning and went to the bathroom all on his own.
Great job buddy!!!
Isn't that smile just the greatest....he said that if I would push him on the bench swing, then he would 'be so happy'.
And we was.


It will never be too cold for this one to want her popils (Popsicles).
She has a serious love for these things.
Her teachers said she had kinda a rough day today.
I am thinking the colder weather is getting to her again.
I got her to bed early this evening....hopefully she will sleep good and have a great day tomorrow.


Cassi is having a great time making friends at school.
She has never had issues with that, but I am glad she is okay with the move.
It is a hard thing to move so far away from your best friend that you are used to seeing every day!!!
She came home with this little stuffed animal saying that her friend gave it to her.
I remember giving stuff of mine to friends in hopes they would stay my friend and think I was cool.
I told Cassi to tell her little friend that she doesn't need to give her 'stuff' to be her friend.


Bell was pretty helpful today.....not much attitude.
Which is always really great.
She came home excited cause her teacher said that she had an extra hair feather that she would give Madi.
Apparently, Madi and one of her friends are the only girls without a hair feather.
I always hated when I was the ONLY one not having something....I had no idea that these feathers were so cool.
Anyway.....I feel kinda bad....but I also think it is kind of silly to want to do what everyone else does.
But I also don't want them to feel left out.
There are definitely worse things that she could be wanting to do.
Oh man....raising kids is hard.
I hope I don't ruin these guys.......
*****
I called my Grandma tonight.
My sister April moved her and her family out to Arizona to care for Grandma.
April has told us that the end is getting closer.
I feel sad that I haven't seen her or talked with her in so long.
I talked with her for a little bit.
Well, talked to her.
She didn't respond back.
But I told her how much I love her....how much I love her example in my life.
I told her about my kids, hubby and our family's adventures.
I think she is so wonderful and I have such mixed emotions.
She missed Grandad.
I want them to be together.....but I am sad to know I won't be able to sit and talk with her or get a hug from her ever again, in this lifetime anyway.
I am so glad that April is there to give her the love and attention that she needs right now.
It's very comforting.

1 comment:

Kam said...

Awesome to have Porter potty trained Kim! Do you have any tips or tricks you could share? I have 3 little ones I have been working on for a while now! :0)

Kam