Friday, July 01, 2011

Friday July 1

We have had another busy day.
I finished (almost) staining and painting the clubhouse and the chairs and stuff in back.
The kiddos helped dad wash the cars.
 They did a great job.
And they had a lot of fun.
Dad rewarded them by taking them to go get snow cones.
Yummy!
It was fun sitting there and hanging out, not doing anything but talking and eating a boatload of sugar.
*****
Later in the day, as I was staining the chairs, Elsie said she wanted to paint too.
So I got out the watercolors and let them paint the cement.
 They thought it was pretty fun.

 *****
Here is the before and after of the clubhouse.
I think it looks pretty good.
We had enough left over house trim paint to paint the clubhouse with.
So it nicely matches our house.
I still need to repaint some of the red spots.....but I will finish that tomorrow.
Madi wants to paint the inside of it tomorrow.
We will see how it goes.
*****
Dad goes back to work tomorrow.
He is excited to get back.....but I sure hope he takes it easy.
I am sure he will be careful.....but you can only be so careful in his line of work.

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Club house looks amazing! Great job!

Hope all goes well with Brent! Would hate for him to suffer ANOTHER injury!

I love the idea of watercolor painting the sidewalk....very nice!

The Holdaway Family said...

It looks great!

I would have never thought about using watercolor on the sidewalk, awesome idea!