Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday June 30

I went to the gym this morning.
When I got back, Brent had made an appointment with Dr. Allie to get Ports elbow checked out.
I had also gotten a sweet call from Heather, who was concerned that I hadn't blogged last night.....she is so sweet.
So great to know we are loved.
She offered to take the girls while we took Port to the dr.
So I hurried and jumped in the shower.
But when I got out, Brent he re-located Porters elbow.
So I cancelled the dr. appointment.
But Heather still let us take the girlies over to the Young house.
They look forward to seeing the Young girls anytime they can!
We hung out there for a little bit, then took the little ones to Lowes for some stuff to get our to-do list done.
I have been wanting to get things stained in the back.....chairs, playhouse, garden boxes, deck.
So we bought some stain and a few other things.
The little ones were screaming and fighting like cats and dogs.
So Brent took Elsie with him to get a few other things and to check out.
I took Porter outside to hang out in the car.
But we found the cool riding lawn mowers, and that kept us pretty busy until Dad was done.

Elsie was happy as a clam without the boy around.
Brent said she was being all friendly and making all sorts of friends while we were gone.
Not at all the case when the two were together.


Port had fun thinking he was driving all the riding lawn mowers.
He started counting them....I didn't even know he could count.
He only went to 4, but that is more than I knew about.
So I started working on going higher.
But that kid sure is stubborn.
He kept saying, "No, back to one again."
Little bum.
Anyway....so it worked out good to keep them separate.
*****
The older girls had a blast at the Young house.
Heather let them borrow her video camera....and they made some fun videos.
They played something like "Americas most talented kids".
I hope to get to see some of their videos.
I am sure they were pretty awesome!
Thanks Heather for taking the girls.
*****
I got a lot of staining done, and Brent got a lot of fix-it jobs done.
I think we will try and paint the playhouse tomorrow, and I will finish staining the chairs.

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Love that picture of Elsie....what a princess!

Funny about Porter and counting....he's a bright kid! But definitely wants to do things his own way!

Young family said...

It was so fun having the girls over. they videoed quite a bit, we will have to pop popcorn and make it a movie night. Glad Porter's arm is better- and you got a lot of things done-

The Holdaway Family said...

That is so cool that Porter can count! The younger ones pick up so much from their older siblings!