Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wednesday June 29

Sorry the post is late....I had it all typed out yesterday and then it wouldn't let me post it.
When I got on today, it was all erased....so here we go again.
******
Madi got to go to her good friends birthday party today.
They took her to the movies....so we were Madi-less for a long time today.
We missed her, but I am glad she got to have fun.
Cassi felt bad that she didn't get to do anything fun.
But she was happy when I asked her if she wanted to make us dinner.
She was a great little helper.
Well, I guess I was actually the helper.
She did most of it on her own.
Great work Cass.
*****
Poor little Port is hurting today.
His arm/elbow is hurting him.
I think it may be something called Nursemaids elbow.
Cassi used to get it when she was little.
It happened most often when we would put floaties on her to go swimming.

Port has, on and off, had a hurt elbow and it seems to get better.
Stuff like jumping on the tramp with the girls, holding his hand.
Anyway....I think the other day swimming, it got popped out.
And yesterday when I was helping him in the house, I had my hand on his wrist, and picked him up over the step....and that is when he started holding it to his side.
Poor guy.
He wore it in a sling all day.
*****
*update* we had an appointment to get it checked out, but Brent was able to pop in back into place.
He is using it with no problem now.
I wonder if his joint there just isn't as tight, so it pops out easier....same with Cassi's.
weird.
Anyway, all is good now.

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Ah, poor little guy! I'm glad Brent was able to pop it back in. Hope he grows out of it.

Cassie is such a great helper! Well done!

Books = Possibilities said...

Blogger was irritating last night! I ended up copying and pasting my post into a word doc until this morning when I could post! Arg! Technology is so amazing...until it doesn't work!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

Poor guy! I hope that he doesn't have much more trouble with his elbow!

You are so good to let your girls help cook, I just worry a lot about the mess it's going to make and it's just easier to let me do it...I need to try harder...