Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday June 28

I think we are starting to figure out what our summer will be like.
Maybe.
The girls woke up and were in a very helpful mood.
They did their chores, then asked if they could run on the treadmill.
For some reason they are on a exercise kick right now....
I told them it would be better if they would just take a run around the block.
They didn't like the idea.
So I told them to wait until I got back from the gym, and I would go run with them.
So I got home and we headed out.
Madi wanted to just start going and see where we ended up.
I told her we could kinda do that, but needed to make it a round trip too.
They didn't want to just run.
So I started giving them other things to do.
I told them to run to the first corner with high knees up.
Then they did it kicking their bums.
Lets see.....then we did the sidewards running.
And they did 4 lunges, then walked 4 steps, then 4 lunges, and again for another stretch of the road.
Then they ran backwards.
They were having a lot of fun, but boy was it HOT!!!!
We stopped at the park on the way home, but they just sat and panted :)
So we went home and got them lots to drink and they took it easy for a while.

 Then, once I laid Porter down for his nap, the girls all decided to go out into the clubhouse.
These girls sure have big plans for this clubhouse.
Stuff like: 
*a door
*glass windows
*a ceiling fan
*there was talk of a couch
*bookshelves
*painting the insides
*curtains
*a TV to watch movies
*Cass suggested they put their money together and buy a laptop

I told them we could do some of those things.....but not all of them.
I do love it when they go out and hang out there.
They took their bean bags out there today and read books for quite a long time.
It was nice.
It is a perfect place.
The big tree shades them from the heat of the sun, and the nice little breeze coming through the windows.
It is a quite a nice little place.


 *****
When Porter woke up, we headed the the store.
Cassi and Madi decided to pool some of their money together and buy Popsicles and water bottles and other drinks to sell.
They are calling their business

M n C company
Your thirst stops here

They are excited to get started.....too bad tomorrow is supposed to be a bit colder.
We will see how it goes.
*****
We got home and headed to the pool with the Young's.
Man, that pool has sure been crowded lately!
Oh well, we still have a fun time.




That kid is quite the little water baby.
He doesn't wait for me to be ready to have him jump in.
Little turkey.
Gotta keep my eye on this one!

1 comment:

Books = Possibilities said...

What a great day. I love the exercise idea with the girls...how fun!

Great pics! My fav is the one of Elsie in the playhouse where you're looking down on her...very cool!