Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday May 22

Another Sunday on my own with the kids.
Yesterday I thought I would try and order a bunch of 10 cent prints from Walgreens and fill a photo album to take to church with me.

 I think it worked pretty good.
I mean, in reality, I am looking for something to keep Porter entertained.
And the pictures kept his attention for a little bit.
But it did keep the attention of the girls, so I could focus on just him and not worry about the girls.
But it was fun to have the pictures actually printed.
I have millions of photos....with hardly any printed.
So I think that is a good thing.

Elsie had a fun time looking through it even after church.
But church did go well.
I didn't have to take Porter out at all, which I guess is kinda my goal.
And I got to hear most of the talks.
So that is good.
But I would love any suggestions on keeping him calm during sacrament meeting.
********
My friend, Auna, invited me and the kids over for dinner tonight.
Her hubby went out of town, so it was she and I and a bunch of kids.
Nine kids, to be exact.
But it was fun to get together and finish the evening off nice.

2 comments:

Cami said...

What about one of those eye spy things that you make with rice or little plastic beads but then make the things that you "spy" based on things Porter loves so it will be more exciting when found :)

Books = Possibilities said...

What a great, fun, valuable idea that will be a keepsake forever!

I use origami sometimes to keep my kids quiet. I know they're older, but the young ones around are always very fascinated with the stuff they fold and love it when they're given something. Maybe Madi and Cassi could do origami.

There are those cool markers that only color on special paper...

Bag of church-only toys that he is interested in....These toys he would only get to play with during church time and no other time. You could also have a rotating supply. They wouldn't need to be expensive, just kids meal toys or dollar tree items or older toys he hasn't played with for a while so they seem new and exciting. It could also include books of items he's interested in (Buzz and Woody or Firetrucks...)

Good luck!