Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Pearly whites!!!

Porter had his first dentist appointment today.
He did so good.
And it ended up being a pretty great day for me.
See, a little while ago, I started noticing that Porter had some dark spots at the bottoms of his teeth, by the gums.
I was worried about it...mostly because I put him to bed for SO LONG with a sippy cup of milk.
I knew that was a dumb thing to do.
I knew I didn't want to do it.
But it was so easy, and I guess I was lazy.
Well, Bottle Rot Syndrome has always been on my mind.
But up until now, his teeth looked fine.
Until I found the dark spots.
So yesterday, I finally googled Bottle Rot.
And what I read, totally described what I was seeing.
Porter had the dark spots by his gums.
Porter's teeth are totally chipped up, which I thought were due to weakened teeth.
And the kid never eats, so I thought he had sensitivity from ruined teeth.
All signs of Bottle Rot.
Well, when I got to the dentist office, they kinda laughed.
They said, "That is not bottle rot!" and then showed me pictures of bottle rot.
And ya, he didn't have Bottle Rot.
He had stained teeth with a little plaque.
I can't even tell you how happy I was.
I was feeling so much guilt yesterday when I thought I did that to him.
Anyway....I am glad it turned out good.
And we will for sure take good care of his cute little chipped teeth!


Porter was such a good boy.
He let them do x-rays.
He was a little nervous, but did what he needed to.
He was excited to watch "Nemo".
They let him play with the brush and suck machine...letting him put it in his mouth himself.
He thought that was all pretty cool.
He had a very curious tongue, and followed her around everywhere she was going...making it very hard to brush.
She told me that he had the strongest tongue she had encountered.
Kinda funny, I thought.
He looked so cute sitting there.
Good job Porter!
I am glad we get to keep his pearly white, very crooked, very chipped, cheesy smile.
It is my favorite!
*****
Today was such a nice day!
After the girls did homework, they headed to the park for a little jump roping, and playing.
I am not asking for super hot weather, but it sure would be nice if it could stay like this for at least a little while!
Even at 6:30 at night they were out playing on the tramp with no coats on.
Good stuff.
We are a little happier with some nice fresh air!

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Those dentist pictures are precious!

And I'm jealous of the no-coats trampoline jumping! We have Christmas-worthy snow here!

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, the picture of Port in the dentist's chair is too cute!!!

Those are great pictures of Brent and the kids on the tramp!

The Holdaway Family said...

He looks so big sitting in the dentist chair!