Monday, January 10, 2011

Time-out

Porter used to be a really good boy and stay in Time-out.
(Ha ha...good boy and time-out...I guess if he was being good, he wouldn't be in time-out!)
Well, he hasn't been staying very well lately.
So I had to come up with other ways of keeping him in time-out.
Ways he wasn't very happy about.
Who knows how long this will work...but for today, it did the trick.
I don't get it.
He is rotten in the morning, but once the girls go to school, he is so good and helpful.
Then when they get home, here comes that rotten Porter again.
He thinks he is playing with Elsie when he chases her and knocks her down then sits on her.
This is what kept getting him in big trouble today.
Either I am giving him too much attention when the girls are at school, or I don't give him enough once they get home.
And yes, he has an apple.
The kid eats NOTHING!
So when he does eat, I can't take it away even if it is for time-out...am I am bad mom?
I love this boy, and he really is such a sweetheart and a precious little boy.
I just hope we can make it through this year of the terrible twos!!!
****************
Madi and Cassi came home ecstatic about having a new bus driver and a new bus.
Madi really hopes the bus drivers stays for good.
The other one must have been pretty mean and grumpy, cause Madi was very happy to be rid of him.
It kind of makes me sad that school takes up so much of their day.
I am glad they are at school, and they are learning and having fun.
But, especially Madi, I feel they don't get time to just do what they love.
I guess Cassi has time to practice guitar...but once Madi has her homework done, then chores, and dinner and then it is time for bed.
I need to try and fit a little something in for Madi as well.
Anyway, just rambling.
Elsie's face is much better.
It is weird, the rash turned into a very dry skin and now her face is peeling...weird!
She slept all the way until 7:00 this morning...lets hope she keeps that up!
We are all kinda staying on the brink of being well and sick.
None of us feel horrible, but no one feels 100% either.
I can't wait for the nice spring weather...so we can get outside and burn some energy in the fresh air!
*****************
I have been putting my old blogs into books the last few days...
I am SO HAPPY that I write these blogs.
There are so many things I would have forgotten, and don't want to forget.
I can't wait to look back and read them many years form now, cause I know it is just gonna feel like it all happened yesterday...I love it.

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Maybe Porter is one of those kids that love attention whether positive or negative....so when everyone is home, maybe he feels the best way to get all that attention he had while they were away is to act up....

Good luck with him! : ) Good thing he's cute!

Glad to hear Elsie's face is getting better and that she is sleeping longer!

Nancy said...

Could you give me the details of how you are putting your blog posts into books? Thanks

The Holdaway Family said...

I love my blog too for that exact reason!

How can such a cute boy be in time out! I love him!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Love blogging for the same reason! I love the stool for time out. Gotta do what works right?

Emily Peterson said...

I love that picture of Port! We'll see how long it is before he figures out how to get down from the stool!

That is great that they have a bus driver that they like! And a new bus! How exciting!

I'm glad Elsie's face is doing better. What a strange rash! Hopefully it goes away for good!