Sunday, January 09, 2011

Sunday...

These guys were all pretty worn out from our sledding day yesterday.
We got up, and had a pretty chill morning.
Madi and Cassi got paid for doing their chores this past week...
(I will write about that later, I am loving how it is working out!)
So they got their tithing ready to take to church.
We got all ready for church.
Church went alright.
Porter went to class really well.
He got new teachers for the new year, and they are really fun for him, so he isn't having any problems.
That is a life saver, cause Elsie is still being a stinker.
I really do think if I could just get her to take a nap before church, she would be great for church...
But by the time it is time for class, she is so tired and worn out...
She LOVES her teacher!
She loves being with her friends.
But she doesn't want me to leave.
When she gets like this at school, they just let her cry it out, but you can't really do that in primary...the other kids would wonder what the heck was going on!
I don't know.
I need to get something figured out.
Oh, and we watched Toy Story...which has become a staple in our household!
*************
I also had a great experience with Madi this morning.
So we recently discovered that there is no record of Porter in the church records.
We blessed Porter in Evanston, and I guess something happened and I didn't get the papers I needed to the right people.
Anyway, it is all fixable, no big deal.
But I thought I knew where the blessing certificates were.
For the past 9 years they have been in the front of Madi's scrapbook...(I say Madi's cause I stopped scrapping when Cassi was born!)
But a couple months ago, Madi needed to use that folder for a class assignment...so we took all the innards out and placed them in our pantry.
And that is where they still sit today...except for all the papers I had in the front pocket...the ones I NEEDED!
We searched and searched...nothing.
I asked Madi if she wanted to say a prayer with me.
We did and then continued to search.
I kid you not, less than 5 minutes later we FOUND those papers...in the most obvious spot!
I was so excited to share the feelings I had with my girls...how I needed something, and asked the lord for help, and he helped guide me to what I needed.
I feel like I never get these cool experiences to share with my kids...but here was one...so perfect!
So we knelt down right away and thanked Heavenly Father for helping us find them.
It was perfect.
On a side note...yes we found the papers I was looking for, but it was only the girls blessing certificates...
But, again, no big deal...luckily we have connections!
Brent's brother, Dave, is the stake president where we blessed Porter, and all I needed was to give him the date of the blessing and he is taking care of what I need.
But I was very thankful for having that moment with my girls.
I hope it helps remind them that if they need some help and guidance, that the lord is there.
So, soon enough, Porter will be know on the records of the church!  :)

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Is Elsie in Sunbeams now? Or CTR 4?

If she was in my class, I want her to cry it out. The other kids understand. I have two kids (twins) who are having a hard time in this transition. Even though they've known me, and I've spent time at their house and everything, they are having a real difficult time having me as their teacher instead of their old teacher. If their parents stayed, it would make it harder. But having Mom and Dad go, letting them sort it out and me comfort them is working out well.

Anyway, that's what I'd do if I was her teacher!

The Holdaway Family said...

What a neat expirence! I love it when that happens!

Sorry about Elsie, have you talked to her teacher about letting her cry it out?

Emily Peterson said...

Great pics of the kids!! What a great experience with you and Madi. I'm glad you were about to find the certificates, with the help of the Spirit, and that Made was a part of it. Now Porter can be on the records of the Church! Yea!