Saturday, January 08, 2011

Sledding with the Youngs.

Boy did we had a FUN day today!
The Youngs invited us to go sledding with them.
We don't have snow around here...so we took a 1 1/2 hour drive to Crouch...
There was a great hill there on their Golf Course.
We got there...did some sledding and had a fun picnic, yes picnic, lunch on some blankets on top of the snow.
Then we got back to sledding!
I can't believe how fast the day went by.
We left at 10:30 and got home around 4:00...so it was a long day, but a GREAT long day!
I took WAY too many pictures...this is only about 1/10th of what there is...I am sure I will add more.
Way too many memories that I want us all to remember!
Here are some of the highlights from our day.
I love this shot.
Porter was pretty trusting of his crazy Dad!
I can't believe Madi kept sledding from the top.
She has been a little chicken lately of heights (I totally don't blame her)
But I think between the two girls, her and Kara, they made each other braver and braver.
They really had a blast!
Cassi and Aubree stuck together like two peas in a pod.
They also had some pretty crazy rides.
Elsie made her own slide.
She sat by the side of the hill, and scooted herself down in the snow.
She was a happy girl doing that.
This is Elsie's one and only ride down.
It sure looks like she likes it, but by the time we at the bottom, she wasn't very happy.
She was just nervous.
So she was content to watch, eat snow, and nap in my arms for the rest of the time.

Maniac Madi!!!
My two sweet boys.
That boy loves his Daddy.
Me and my Angel.
She was so worn out that she fell asleep in my arms.
I wish I could make everything in the world easier for her.
I love this shot...Madi and Kara going backwards.
Love it!
A mellow run from Cassi....

Oh, and if you get in their way...TOO BAD!
Just kidding!
The story goes like this.
Cassi and Aubree both blame Drew.
I guess they walked to the top, and got ready to go.
Then that little kid on the blue tube went down, so Drew told them to wait.
Then I guess that Aubree was second guessing the ride, and didn't want to go down...
So what does Drew do????
He shoves them down...so she can't get off!
Anyway, they headed right for this kid.
Ran right into him and flipped him right over the top of them. (He was okay, thank goodness!)
***************************
We had so much fun and it was a beautiful day for sledding!
Thanks for the invite guys!
When we got home everyone wanted to sleep...
BUT...our chore chart is working so well, I didn't want them to poop out on a day...especially after they had already had fun...they need to ear that, right?
So we did that, made dinner and now they are all sleeping soundly in bed.
I hope they are tired enough to sleep until 10:00 tomorrow morning!
Oh I wish!

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a total blast....even the poor kids Cassi and Aubree mowed down! :)

Emily Peterson said...

Wow! What a fun time sledding! I love all of the pictures! And I love that you had a picnic in the snow!