Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our chore chart

This is our chore chart.
Simple...and cute.
And it is working!
The kids initials down the side and the days of the week across the top.
Each hook has a few chores for each day.
Each chore is worth 25 cents.
Once the chore is finished, they move it to the end hook.
And each Saturday, we add up their cards...
They get paid, they take out their tithing, then put their money in their piggy banks, and put their tithing in an envelope to take on Sunday.
It is a good system that seems to be working.


Madi is very proud of her diligence!
*******
I had this old window.
Brent cut a piece of wood for me to fit int he back.
I covered it with some cute scrapbook paper.
Got some red hooks from Lowes.
Measured out and drilled the hooks in.
Then I wrote down chores and printed them off on scrapbook paper.
I bought baseball card covers, and cut them down to a square and fit them over the cards.
Hole punched them, and they were ready to go!
********
I know I write too much about how we sleep...
But last night was almost a joke.
Cassi came in at about 2 saying she had a bad dream.
I walked her back and rubbed her back and told her to get some sleep.
She came back in 15 min. later saying her tummy hurt.
I didn't want to chance her waking Elsie up, so I made a bed for her on our floor.
She kept saying she couldn't sleep and she wasn't tried.
I was mean...I told her there wasn't another option.
About an hour later....guess who woke up?
Yep...Elsie Rose.
I thought this was my chance to have her cry it out, since Cassi was in our room.
Well, that backfired.
Two hours later....and all we had was Brent awake, Cassi awake, and me awake...and Elsie crying her eyes out.
She was ALMOST asleep at one point, but then I heard her having a major meltdown.
The valve in her sippy cup had fallen out and had leaked onto her bed.
She was not gonna calm down after that.
I picked her up, stripped her bed, and rocked her for about 25 min until she was asleep.
Oh, and I put Cassi down on the couch so it wouldn't be so loud for her...and so she would stop telling me how mean I was for making Elsie cry.
Anyway...so it was 5:00.
Cassi was asleep downstairs, Elsie was asleep in her bed, Madi did wake up to go to the bathroom, but went right back to sleep.
So I got back into bed and Brent told me to wake him up when Porter woke up.
Which was 45 min. later.
I got up at 7:20...got the kids ready for school, in a zombie like fashion.
I did get a 30 min. nap before I headed to the gym.
I sure hope tonight goes better.
We really need some sleep!

4 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh Kimi! What a bad night! I'm so sorry!!

The chore chart looks great!! :o)

Books = Possibilities said...

I love your chore chart! Such a good idea! What are some of the chores you have your kids do? Do you shuffle them, or do they have the same chores per child?

skcoe said...

You made something out of an old window?! Shocking!

So so so so cute Kim, I love it!

The Holdaway Family said...

Your chore chare turned out so cute!

Sorry about the rough night, remember it won't always be like this ;)