Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fake Birthdays!

Happy Birthday!
Okay, so it isn't anyones birthday at our house.
But Elsie has pretended it was her birthday every day since about 2 months before her actual birthday, which was in July.
I am not kidding...that is 8 straight months of make believe birthdays!!!
Her favorite thing to do for now, is make herself a birthday cake out of play dough.
And it is serious business!!!
When Elsie uses her imagination...it is a very real thing.
She is so submersed in make-believe that it cracks me up.
She does not break character...or forget what she was doing.
Like I said, serious business!
****************
Madi has been working very hard to make sure she gets all her chores done each and every day.
I think it is gonna work out.
Cassi gets hers done...but it takes a lot of prodding and poking!
Madi likes the fact that she is earning money...she is a money hoarder.
She says she is saving for a telescope...and I think she is getting pretty close to having enough money to buy it.
********************
I got to go out for lunch today for my friend, Denae's, birthday.
It was fun to get out and have some fun girl talk...even though I came home terrified of having teenagers!!!
******************
We had what could have been a disaster happen yesterday.
I kept hearing weird popping noises on the side of the house...almost like someone was throwing something against the house.
I asked Brent about it, and we went out and noticed frozen water all along the bottom of our house, outside out "frost free" faucet!
Luckily we caught it before it got too bad.
Brent, mister fix anything man, got it fixed for us.
It is a good thing we found it before we went out of town.
That would have been big trouble!
Expensive trouble!

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hey Kim! I haven't checked out any blogs for several months..just wanted to say hey and tell you I enjoyed catching up on your blog! I love our green and white bean bags, did you get them somewhere or make them?

MIchelle said...

Hey I was part of one of your challenges, and just looked at your blog. Where did you get those cute headbands for your girls that are on your sidebar. If you made them will you do a tutorial?

Thanks
Michelle

Emily Peterson said...

Happy "Birthday" Elsie!! :o)

That is great that Madi is so dedicated to doing her chores! And saving her money!

I'm glad you got the water problem fixed before you came to Utah!

Books = Possibilities said...

Wow, glad you discovered the water problem early!

Elsie is so sweet! I love her intensity!

The Holdaway Family said...

Yeah for chores! Keep up the good work, Madi!

Elsie does have a wonderful imagination! What a sweet girl!