Wednesday, December 01, 2010

What do you do on a snow day?

The morning started with a 5 a.m. call from the school district.
But I was confused...the recording was in Spanish.
I had no idea what was going on...(you know how it feels to be woken up by a ringing phone that early, right?)
After I hung up, Brent asked who that was, and I said the school district, cause that is what the caller ID said...but then I told him it was in Spanish...weird.
So as I was telling him about it, my brain started to kick in and I assumed it was for the school being closed due to the snow.
But crazy....and everyone I have talked to got that Spanish phone call...
So first things first...
The drive-way needs to be cleared.
Brent has always taken the kids out to help with that, and they are great little helpers.
Then they had some friends over and spent a good couple hours playing in the snow building forts and making a crazy mess of the beautiful snow in our front yard!
Then they came in and played more...it was nice for them to be busy with friends, cause if it was just the two of them, meaning Madi and Cassi, there would have been trouble!
Then after LOTS of laundry and chores, we were able to get the Christmas stuff down and put up our Christmas tree.
It isn't finished...I will take a picture when it is done...
We put it up, put on lights and I let the kids hang up all those home-made kid ornaments that they make at school and such and we love, and just can't be thrown away....
Then we got them into bed and now I will go put on the finishing touches...
Cassi got to put the Star on top this year....always a great honor.
So it was a crazy day...I got NOTHING on my list done...but I did get some stuff done that needed to be done, so that is good.
I wonder if they will have school tomorrow???

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Wow! You did get a lot of snow! Good thing the kids are good helpers!

That is crazy that everyone you talked to got the call in Spanish!