Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lots to do...and lots got done...

No picture today...
I know, boring.
We had a busy day.
Before we left on vacation, or dishwasher went out.
Kinda a bummer.
But we didn't have to deal with it until now.
Yes, I know, a lot of people deal with living with no dishwashers...but I think that has mostly to do with kitchen room.
We did our own dishes for a couple days, and I actually find it relaxing...but way too time consuming.
So we set out this morning, trying to figure out how to fix it...and then figuring it is worth the money to just go buy a new one.
We saw lots of different kinds, and lots of different prices...but finally found the one we wanted...that was in stock!
We loaded up the dishwasher, then did our grocery shopping.
When we got home, Brent starting hooking up the new dishwasher...found out he needed another part, so he headed back to the store.
But it worked out, cause we loaded up our old dishwasher and RC Willey took it for us.
I spent a lot of my time editing pictures...I have so many to do, and I just want to get them all done so I can focus on Christmas...
Then this evening, after homework was done, we went through all the kids toys and weeded out all the stuff to take to DI.
The rooms are much cleaner and it always feels good to go through stuff...and the kids are happy to give their stuff to other little kids out there.
I also went through all of Elsie's clothes to pass don to my sister, Sara's, little girl Samantha.
They are coming to visit for a really short time on Saturday, but I am happy to get to see her.
So we got a lot done today...it would have been nicer to not have to buy a new dishwasher...but it sure is pretty, and quiet!
So I guess I got my Christmas a little early this year.
Technically I should say the girls got their present early, since they are the ones who do it most of the time.

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Congrats on the new dishwasher! And on getting all of the things done that you got done today!! :o)

The Holdaway Family said...

That stinks that it decided to go out right now, but it's always fun to have new things!