Friday, December 24, 2010

New Traditions...

We had a really fun night tonight.
We didn't have a whole lot to do today except get ready for tonight.
The Young girls came over at 4:30...
Both Drew and Brent are working...so Heather and I thought it would be a lot of fun for us to get together and do something fun for Christmas Eve.
We started out with a yummy dinner...breakfast.
French toast...made from Heathers home made bread.
Bacon, eggs, fresh oranges...the works.
The kids loved it and they all ate pretty good.
The next activity on the agenda was our own little play of the nativity.
I love the idea of having children act out the nativity...but 4 kids (two fully co-operating) just isn't enough.
But you add 4 more kids and it is pretty perfect.
It wasn't quite an Oscar worthy performance, but I really enjoyed it and I loved the idea of really bringing the story to life for the kids.
The little ones...Porter and Hallie...didn't want much to do with the whole thing.
And Elsie didn't want to dress up...but she would participate as long as it was along side Aubree.
After that we did some cleaning up...and then made ourselves some chocolate covered pretzels.
Well, we actually made them for Santa.
I have tons of pictures to share...but that will have to be posted later.
I gotta get myself to bed before the big guy in red shows up.
I think we all had a fun time and I hope it becomes a great tradition for us all.

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Looks like fun!! What a great tradition to start!

Books = Possibilities said...

How cute! Love the costumes and the excitement on everyone's faces!