Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas eve's EVE...

Daddy works tomorrow...
So we did all our Christmas Eve traditions tonight.
It was kinda a crazy day...which ended in kinda a crazy...but fun...night!
Dad made yummy ribs for dinner!
YUM!
After that we read some Christmas stories while our ginger bread cooked in the oven.
Then we spent some time decorating out Gingerbread train.

We make a train every year...and I LOVE it!
I have yet to master my gingerbread recipe!
I think next year I will cook it, then cut it out!
This year, I cut it out, cooked it, then had to cut it out again, cause it all grew into each other!
Oh well...it turned out pretty cute, I think.
Madi and I made the Engine...Porter and Dad made the first car...Cassi made the second car....and Elsie and Madi made the last car.
I just love this tradition...even though I am a crazy woman when it comes to making the gingerbread!!!!
Oh well.
The kids had fun!
Then they got to open their present...jammies of course.
Elsie LOVES jammies...and spends most of her days in various jammies...I don't blame her, they are comfy!...anyway...she was SO excited to get new ones!
So, we let them open their jammies and then one more present.
I got my big present tonight.
I am so excited!!!!
Brent got me a BEAUTIFUL lap top!
It will be so great when I can sit and edit pictures and sit right there by him in stead of being in a whole other room!
ALSO....our home computer is on the fritz...working great at times, and others, I am not sure if we will lose EVERYTHING on there!
So I am very thankful and grateful for such a great gift...
I love you baby...and I hope you like the gift I got you...

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

They look ADORABLE in their new jammies!! And I love how excited Elsie is!!

Congrats on the new laptop!! What an awesome present! Brent picked your gift well!

Books = Possibilities said...

Awesome on the laptop! What computer brand did you get?

The PJs are great! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. The gingerbread train is such a cute idea!

Young family said...

the train looks great! The jammies are adorable,and yeah for the laptop!
See you later today!