Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In trouble...

A bad thing happened today.
The boy learned that he can open the fridge doors.
This is not good!
Next thing you know, he will learn how to open the door knobs!!!!
What am I gonna do then???
We were upstairs cleaning the girls rooms, and Port kept going downstairs and coming up with a Popsicle.
I thought maybe one of the girls followed him and helped him.
A little later I was down doing laundry, I heard the little footsteps....the freezer door open...and I peeked around the corner to find Porter digging around the freezer for another Popsicle!
Little turkey!
Anyway, I tied it up.
He didn't like that.
Neither did Elsie, who taught this great trick to the boy in the first place!
He kept giving me that look like "Please Mommy, you know you can't say no to me!"
Needless to say, they ate the rest of our Popsicles today.
Oh well, right.
After I tied it, and after he gave me that look, he tried to reach the tie on his own...up on his way tippy toes.
After that didn't work, he called his trusty partner in crime, Elsie, over and tried to get her to take it off.
She reached in, and pulled it down, but couldn't untie it.
So the tie works.
But do you know how many times I had to get into the fridge after I tied it?
It sure was a pain...
I guess I have to decide which one is the bigger pain, right?

3 comments:

Jilene said...

they sell latches that you can put on the top of the fridge, so that you can just press the button and it pops open, but the kids can open it. we had to use one when madeline was little. luckily mitch hasn't figured that one out yet! good luck!

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, that is too funny!!! Porter & Elsie: the next Bonny & Clyde!!!

Books = Possibilities said...

Good luck with that! A kid who "does no wrong"....does a lot to prove you wrong! :)