Saturday, December 18, 2010

LAST Saturday before CHRISTMAS!!!!

The day started out with some newly fallen snow...
So as soon as Dad got home this morning, the boys went out to do their job.
Porter can actually be quite helpful sometimes...it just doesn't last very long!
Then we set out to deliver all our bread and jam to our VT/HT...I made little loaves of bread with a note that said "Have a GRAPE Christmas" along with a jar of Grape jelly that I made this last summer...so cheesy, but it was fun.
Then we all did a lot of laundry...washing, sorting, folding and putting away.
I am thinking I might like the idea of having the kids fold their own clothes...
Then us girls went and got hair cuts, or is it hair's cut, Drew?.
Cassi and I just got trims...Cassi really wants short hair, and I am sure it would be darling, but I just love her hair long...she might be able to talk me into another time...we will see!
Madi's needed some major leveling out.
She wants to grow it out...but still had the a-line cut...so it looked kinda funny.
So that got cleaned up, and is looking nice and healthy now.
But the biggest change of all was with Elsie.
I wasn't sure if she would let her cut her hair.
But she was so good, and so excited!
I don't have a picture...but I will take one tomorrow for sure!
It is a cute little bob/a-line cut.
And she loves it...(and can't wait to show Sister Roll at primary tomorrow!)
When we came home we got more cleaning done...
And tonight Brent and I had a DATE NIGHT!
Finally!
It has been a long time, it seems, since we have gone out!
We went out with the Young's, and their neighbors.
We went to Tepanyaki, which was really yummy, then went bowling.
We don;t need to talk about how bowling went.
So it was a great day...too bad I am nowhere near being ready for Christmas!
Oh well, I am not stressing.

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Can't wait to see pics of the haircuts! Lily needs her hair trimmed again...she really wants it to grow out long again.

Date nights are fun...it's been far too long since T and I have been on one....we really should change that! :)

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, I love that look on Porter's face!! What a good helper to his dad!!

Can't wait to see the girls' new haircuts!