Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday

We had a nice morning...all the kids slept really well, and slept in.
I actually got 9 hours of sleep!!!
NINE!!!
Except Port sleeping later than usual meant that he wasn't gonna get a nap in before church....which isn't a good thing.
We had a nice relaxing morning, and got ready for church.
I should have taken a picture of the girls.
I think they looked so cute.
Again...I did some dorky things in order to make them match.
I found a really cute dress for Elsie at my FAV kids thrift store.
It is cream and brown.
I found two other dresses that were to big girls sizes with cute bottom parts, but the tops were made of that dumb velvet stuff...I DO NOT like that stuff!
Plus, it was a black top.
That wasn't gonna work.
So I bought some brown fabric, cut the tops off, and made them into a cute skirt with a big fat waistband and a big bow in back.
I paired it with their cream sweater from last year...I want to find a nice cardigan for them...but I could not find one ANYWHERE!!!
So they all matched beautifully.
And then there was Porter.
I found some really cool corduroy pants that fit him good, but they were black.
Sooo, I dyed them...
See...dorky.
But they look so nice paired with his brown checkered shirt, (that was also dyed)....and his cream sweater.
So they all have matching outfits, with the total being under $20...so maybe $5 a piece...not bad for a Christmas outfit.
I will take pictures when I find the cardigans I want.
ANYWAY.....
Later tonight we went with Cassi to her Baptism preview.
Her baptism is still a year a away, but it was fun for her to see what is to come.
And here is a shot of Elsie's new haircut.
It ended up a bit shorter than I wanted, but it is cute anyway.
I still can't believe she let her cut her hair!
Elsie had another rough day...you can just see her eyes and how red they are.
She must not have slept well last night...and she was really tight this morning.
We all went to church, but Brent ended up taking Elsie and Porter home cause they were both is pretty bad shape!
So we made it through another day...
Everyone is tucked nicely in their bed...dreaming of Christmas...and I still have a lot to do...
And I am still not stressing.
But maybe getting close to it.

4 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

I can't wait to see pics of the matching outfits!! :o)

Elsie's hair cut is adorable!

Cami said...

I can't wait to see those cute outfits! You are so talented! How do you dye black pants brown?! That confuses me! Elsie sure looks cute!

Books = Possibilities said...

I love Elsie's haircut! It fits her personality so well!

Jami said...

I can't wait for pictures of these outfits! I don't think you are dorky, I think that is so talented!!