Friday, December 17, 2010

And the parties continue!

Man...a whole day of party-ing can really wear a person out!
It all started with Madi's party at 9:05...with the cue idea to give them donuts and Hot chocolate to start the day.
Elsie was so excited to go see Madi at school, and she even had a bonus of seeing one of her (Elsie's) teachers, Miss Meredith!
So that was great!
Port stayed in the stroller most of the time...he was a pretty good boy.

Things didn't go as well at Cassi's party.
Hers was later in the day, I got there at 2:15 for set-up.
Porter was good, sitting in his stroller eating a candy cane.
Elsie stayed along side Cassi while they decorated Snowman cupcakes.
Then we had a fun little craft where we made button snowflakes...they turned out really cute.
The bad part came when Porter bit the nose of another little boy.
I don;t know what happened...Porter was buckled up in his stroller, so he couldn't have been bugging anyone...
But this little boy, probably about one, must have gotten too close to Porter.
Porter kept pulling on his own shirt, saying that the boy pulled on him...but I can't believe he bit his nose!
Poor little guy had big old tooth marks on his nose and it took forever to stop bleeding!
What do you do when that happens????
The Mom understood, we have all been there, right?
I still feel SO BAD!!!
The only solace that I have was that Porter was buckled in, I was doing what I could to keep him out of trouble.
So from now on, I think I will leave him behind...(with a sitter of course!)
*********************
In between parties, I made the cutest little Baby doll bassinet for Elsie's Christmas.
It was so easy, and so cute...
And I decided to not put the bonnet part on.
I thought it would be easier for Elsie to get the doll in and out without it...(plus it was easier to make without it)
I also made some doll diapers and made a doll quilt top...
I am pretty excited for Christmas!

2 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

I wish I could bring my kids with me to these things. Kids are not allowed so I never get to go to any parties and hardly ever volunteer.

Books = Possibilities said...

Too bad for the poor other kid...hope it doesn't leave a lasting mark! Blood and all....or an infection since the skin was broken! Teaches that other kid to get even remotely close to Porter! Hmmm, maybe Porter needs a muzzle :)

Looks like the girls had a great time at their parties! Great pictures! I really like Cassi's hair.