Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sunday...

Well, we made it through the day.
We skipped church, obviously.
With Brent at work, and Elsie not all better yet, we weren't gonna try it.
So we laid around and stayed in our jammies all day.
Elsie kinda had a rough day.
She did a lot of crying and sleeping.
But when she was happy, she was HAPPY!
She really has the most perfect smile...even with that dang Binky...
I finally got her to take a bath today.
She was one dirty little girl.
She had medicine in her hair...and food in there...and who knows what else.
I needed her to take a bath...but I DID NOT want to make her upset.
My friend Jenni took the other kids to the park this afternoon, thanks Jenni!
Then I went and put my swim suit on and told Elsie I was gonna take a bubble bath.
I got the bath all full and bubbly...she was pretty weary of me...but sat on my lap and watched the bath fill up.
Then I set her on the floor and jumped in the tub in my swim suit.
Then I played with the bubbles and made a big spectacle out of it.
She stuck her arms in and I convinced her to take her jammies off so they wouldn't get wet...
Then I got her to sit on the side of the tub to stick her toes in...
Then I just pulled her in the tub with her tights and diaper on.
She looked at me like I was crazy, but then she thought it was funny.
It took some trickery to get her hair wet and shampooed and rinsed off...she got mad at me a few times...but I recovered quickly.
I finally got her all done and out and dried off, then she got mad.
Really mad.
She wanted to go to bed and she wanted me to leave.
I hate leaving her when she is crying...but sometimes that is just what she wants...and it breaks my heart!
So she didn't get her hair brushed...but I would rather have snarls then crunchy old medicine in her hair!
She is sleeping now...and I hope she has a good night.
I assume tomorrow will go like today did...
I hope I can just keep her comfortable and try to stay away from crying...it has got to hurt her throat like crazy!
********************************
I love the way this boy carries his trucks around.
He grabs their ladders and drags them around.
Just adorable...
(Hey, look, he is wearing a shirt again!)

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Ah, poor Elsie! Good job on the bath....I bet she thought you'd lost it! :)

Mrs. G said...

That was a pretty slick way to get her into the tub! It's obvious how much you care after going through all that to get a bath.

Nicole said...

So sad. Love your creativity on bath time. You are a great mom!

Emily Peterson said...

Very cute pic of you and Elsie!

I love the bath in your swimsuit! Very creative! I'm glad you were able to finally convince her to get in the tub, even with her tights and diaper on!

That is an adorable picture of Porter!!