Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sept. 11

Today is a day I will never forget.
I remember holding my brand new baby girl thinking I would never get to raise her.
I know, a bit dramatic, but I DID just have a baby, so I had every right to be dramatic.
But really, I knew life would never be the same.
And then all the emotion and pride I felt when we saw all the Firefighters running in, while everyone else was running out.
That is what they do, they save people.
Brent and I have read and heard many stories of people who were saved by those Firefighters who lost their own lives.
Amazing men.
That is how they are made.
Not just New York Firefighters.
Every Firefighters.
Even my very own.
***************************
We had a pretty laid back day.
Elsie still has a rough time in the morning..but she is getting over it quicker and quicker.
Then the kids and I went to yard sales.
I think we all had a fun time.
No one even complained!
But I did learn that you can't go yard sale-ing with something that you want in mind.
Cause you won't find it.
I want a large wall clock, like about 2 ft. across.
But I don't want to pay much for it...
So that is what we looked for today.
Oh well, I just hung some paper on the wall the size of the clock I want, to 'save' the space for when I do get a clock.
I will find my good deal somewhere...
The girls have been really into riding their bikes.
It is nice for them to have something to do together that they don't fight about.
They also love riding with their new neighbor friend.
****************
I am gonna attempt church tomorrow with Elsie.
It will give me a good idea if she is ready to go to school on Monday or not.
We will see.

3 comments:

Young family said...

Good luck at church!

Books = Possibilities said...

I'll never forget 9/11. Tom was military and came home early that morning, turning on the TV telling me that he'll probably get sent to war now that America's been attacked. Then I had to go to work that day. No one wanted to buy toys on such a dramatic day for the country! I did my time at work, then drove home. And was stuck in traffic for over 4 hours because I needed to get back on post, and they were at the highest security level. So they were checking every single car coming on. Not just a casual check. You had to get OUT of your car and they searched everything, even having you drive over a special camera. I was 5 months pregnant at the time, very emotional and stressed! Oh my oh my!

I love the bike picture! And I hope you all do well at church tomorrow!

Rachel said...

Kim, do you have a roberts or micheals nearby? If so I remember seeing "kits" to make your own large wall clock. You could try that. We got our large clock at DI. Good Luck.