Thursday, September 02, 2010

Recovering...

Today was kinda a weird day with Elsie.
They said that the first few days to expect her to just lay around and not do much.
Except the last two days, it has been hard to keep her from running around.
So I was a little worried today when she wasn't doing anything.
She wouldn't even drink.
And she stayed in bed all morning long.
But she wasn't crying...but she wasn't doing anything else.
When it came time for medicine, I would ask her if she was hurting anywhere, and she would grab her neck.
So we tried talking to her about how the medicine makes her feel better.
Well, needless to say, her medication was spread out pretty far today...
It just kills me to give it to her.
I really feel like I am drowning my own child.
Well...at about 1:30, I needed to give her antibiotics to her...so we did the pain stuff at the same time.
I thought she would hate me forever.
She looked at me like she couldn't believe that I was doing this to her.
I hate that.
Then she wanted to go back to bed...
So I took her...she wouldn't look at me.
She was very upset with me.
So I laid her down and asked her if she still loved me.
She gave me her "I Love You" sign.
And I knew we were good.
I can't wait until we can get past this medication thing.
I really believe she would rather have her throat in pain, than take the medicine...but I can't do that either!


Elsie loves to make this sign too.
We got the idea from Taylor Swift (who we all love).
A little heart made out of your hands...
Elsie is so excited that she has mastered it!
Isn't she a cutie?
I am sure glad she still loves me after I torture her.
*******************************
Hey, and look...
Porter is wearing a shirt!!!!

Porter is doing good with his ear infections...he is just clingy...
He had a lot of fun helping Dad clean out the garage...
I was taking pictures of Dads old tools to sell, and he crawled right in the pictures.
I think I might now a little boy who would LOVE to have Dads old tools...
************************
The big girls got to go swimming with the Young's tonight.
It was fun for them to get out and play...
And I have to tell you...Madi has been a very pleasant girl to be around.
She has been so helpful.
She willingly helps with Porter
She is being nice to Cassi.
She is letting Cassi sleep in her room tonight so Elsie doesn't wake Cassi up...
She talks to me likes she likes to be around me...I am loving it!
I like 4th grade!

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

That is such a sweet picture of Elsie! Just love it!

I feel for Elsie....hope she heals quickly and time goes by even more quickly so all her medicine is taken and that dreaded part of the day is removed!

I don't know about you, but it looks like Porter REALLY wants to drill SOMETHING....like the door or the dinner table or the car tire....watch out!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Love that picture of Elsie! Beautiful! I'm glad Porters ears are feeling better!

Emily Peterson said...

Sweet Elsie! I'm so sorry the medication thing is so awful. :o(

That is a big drill for that boy!!!