Sunday, August 22, 2010

Heart of Gold...

Madi's teachers have always commented to me about how great she is.
School and church teachers.
She listens, she knows answers.
And she is so sweet.
I have always loved to hear these things from her teachers...cause sometimes I don't ALWAYS get to see that sweetness.
Today after church, Madi's (substitute) teacher came up to me...
She told me that she just had something she had to tell me.
I thought it would be the same old "Madi is just so sweet and polite."
Which, again, I love to hear.
She went on and said that in class they were talking about what the kids would ask Heavenly Father for if they could have ANYTHING.
Some kids said a million dollars.
Others said they wanted a dog.
Madi's teacher told me that when it was Madi's turn she said that if she could ask Heavenly Father for ANYTHING, she would ask him if he could give all the strength back to her little sister (Elsie).
I had a sudden rush of emotion, and thought I would start crying right there in the hall with millions of people around me.
How absolutely sweet and un-selfish is that?
Madi is such a great little helper with Elsie, and they have a great relationship.
Elsie is lucky to have Madi looking out for her.
I am so proud of Madi and her big heart.
And I am thankful that Madi's teacher shared the experience with me.

12 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Ah, that brought tears to my eyes! Elsie sure is blessed with Madi as a sister!

Emily Peterson said...

What a sweetheart and a wonderful big sister! I'm so glad that her teacher shared that with you.

P.S. Love the earrings Madi! Very cute! :o)

Bald n Beautiful said...

Now you are going to make me cry.

Cami said...

That made me teary eyed! That is SO SWEET!

Beth said...

What a tender hearted girl!

Jodi Gallagher said...

What a beautiful thing for Madi to say! She is so sweet. I love moments like this! Thanks for sharing!

Brittany said...

That is incredible. What a sweet little girl that Maddie is.

Lyric Payne said...

Dang...why did you make me cry right after I put my makeup on?!! That makes a mama proud.

Sara said...

Madi is amazing! Brought tears to my eyes, too. Elsie is blessed to be in your family!!

Anonymous said...

Just to echo, it made me cry too. She is so sweet and, simply put, just a charming little girl.

Nancy said...

That was so beautiful! She is a special girl with an awesome mom!

Chalisse Martineau said...

Madi is a wonderful big sister!!