Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Presents day...

So today was the day that Elsie got to open the rest of her presents.
We wanted to wait for Dad to get home from work, so he could be a part of it...
Elsie is so expressive when she opens presents...I am gonna go through them all and make a montage of them...cause all her little faces just make me smile!
I made her a little book from pictures I had taken of Strip.
Pictures of all her different parts...back, legs, tail, neck...and Elsie just LOVES it!!!

I was worried she would be a little horse over-loaded...
But nope...she was in horse heaven!!!
She got nine horses total for her birthday....
She is a happy little girl!
Then, last but not least, she got her stable!
I think maybe she was a little unsure what it really was until we put her horses in it...
She just LOVES it...
And I think it is gonna get used A LOT!!!
See...she LOVES it!
******************************
and just because I think it is so darn cute...
Here are some more picts of the stable we made for Elsie.
The full shot...

It was Brent's idea to make Elsie her very own 'brand'.
I think it is very clever what we came up with.
Notice the L and the C.
First of all...when we sign Elsie...we usually do a "L" and a "C".
Okay...cool...
Then the L overlapping the C makes an E...for Elsie...of course...
All very cool.
Now the last cool little tidbit...when Elsie was a baby, She looked like a cricket.
Big eyes and the way she held her mouth...she was like a little cricket...and that is what we called her...
Little Cricket...
L.C.
Ha ha ha...how cool is that!

This is the horse that I could find that looked the most similar to Strip...Elsie loves her.

The roof even lifts up for easier access to the inside...
Now isn't that just the cutest little thing???

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh, that stable is SO adorable! And the brand is so cool!!

And Elsie opening her presents and playing with her horses is even MORE adorable! Happy Happy Birthday My Elsie!!

Nicole said...

Wow, you are too creative - and it's so cute. Great job. Love the pictures. She is a doll!

aryn said...

It really is the cutest thing. You never cease to amaze me.