Saturday, June 05, 2010

Star...

We had a very busy morning followed by a very nice and relaxing evening.
We got up...cleaned the house, did laundry.
Then while Brent was mowing the lawn I went through all the kids clothes...got rid of a lot of stuff.
Yes, I said GOT RID...
I do actually get rid of stuff, sometimes!
Anyway, it is a nice feeling to get those drawers organized even if it is for just a little while!
Next week I hope we can go through their toys.
Then after we hauled our truckload out to DI we went and played with the Youngs in Star.
Drew's parent shave a great house and land out there and there is so many fun things to do out there...
We decided to cook some tin foil dinners.
Originally we planned to be camping this weekend, but you know how life is...things come up.
It was yummy and a lot of fun.
We are so thankful to have this family in our lies!
Our children are inseparable...I just wish they would move closer...hint, hint...
The bigger kids had fun playing in the 'not so hot' tub.
It was a perfect day for it!
I think this is a cute shot of Hallie and Elsie eating their cookies.
There is nothing better than having a friend for life!
Porter spent most his time finding some kind of trouble he could get into....
He succeeded, many times.
He even fell into the fish pond.
Brent was right there to pull him out, but it is scary to think how fast something like that can happen!
I do wish I had a picture of him soaked from head to toe.
Oh well...

2 comments:

MegJill said...

Sometimes it is so hard to get down on the floor and go through those drawers! I started on our youngest daughters drawers last week and haven't gotten to the others yet. So I am impressed you did it all in one day!
(Challenge Update: Today is my free day for sweets and I ate about a thousand truffles and now my stomach hurts. After three weeks my body is getting used to NO chocolate. My stomach never hurts because of chocolate, but I like that it does now because it makes me want to keep changing my bad eating habits!)

Young family said...

Thanks for wanting to hang out with us every once in a while... it was fun to just relax together!