Sunday, June 06, 2010

Good example...

I am so proud of this little girl.
She did something today that I never imagined my little kids doing.
She bore her testimony in sacrament meeting.
I have to admit...we are terrible examples to our children.
That is one of my top fears, if not the very top.
I am not sure why...
So I was VERY surprised when Cassi turned to me and said "I kinda want to bear my testimony."
I tried not to make a big deal, I didn't want to scare her off...
She started to head out from the bench, then stopped.
She said, "Maybe I should go home and practice so I know what to say next time."
I told her she could do whatever she wanted to do.
Then she sat back down.
She kept fidgeting, wanting to go up there, so I mentioned to Brent what she had said to me, he was also surprised, but very excited.
So he pulled her in and hugged her and he must have said some magic words, cause then she headed right up there.
She had to sit up there for a little bit for a few others to finish up, and I kept waiting for her to come back down before she got to go up and talk...
But nope...she did it...
She got up there, she was loud, she was confidant, and she looked like an angel.
As she was walking back to us, she had the biggest smile in the world on her face.
I am so proud of Cassi, for not only recognizing that feeling, but acting on it too!
If only I could be more like my Cass.
I am gonna try.
I promise...one of these days I will go up with her...so she can hold my hand!
Then this afternoon we went for a long walk around the neighborhood and ended up at our park and played there and flew kites with our friends the Terry's.
It was very windy, but the perfect temperature.
After we were there for a while, these two got bored...
Poor sports...
But I thought they were cute.
Elsie got a kick out of swinging, I mean 'flying', with Alex...

I could sit and watch Porter try to get a drink for hours.
It has to be one of the funniest things!!!
Brent taught him how to push the button with his belly, so he could have his hands free to pull up to the water.
He is just a little too short to reach the water.
But he has figured out how to stick his forehead in the water, let it trickle down his nose, and into his mouth.
Oh man...I love this little boy!

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

I'm so proud of you Cass! What a wonderful girl you are!

I would LOVE to see Porter getting a drink of water that way! Sounds hilarious! :o)

Sara said...

That is awesome Cassi! It is scary to get up there, but so hard to deny the Spirit when it tells you to share your testimony! Great job being an example!

I agree with Em! I would LOVE to see Porter getting a drink! You should make a video!