Monday, June 07, 2010

Lovin' the sun...while it lasts...

Just a regular old day here at the Matthews household...
I can tell school is almost out...the kids have a more care-free attitude!
And we aren't spending hours on homework!!!
Spaghetti...I think we have thins at least one of the days Brent is on shift, every shift...
It is my go-to food!
One of these days I am going to turn into an AMAZING chef!!!!
Okay, maybe not, but at least the kids are getting fed right...
And thank goodness for nice weather so we can eat outside...or all that spaghetti would have been on my floor!!!
The girls had fun with bugs today...
Mostly rolley pollyes...
Porter kept trying to squish them.
Elsie would give out a squeal of happiness when she saw them move.
I love this picture...the girls chillin' and hanging out while the boy is going nuts in the background!
He almost has the somersault perfected...a few more days, he will get it!
*************************
I have a love/hate relationship with teacher gifts.
Madi got some books to put in the classroom for her teacher.
I think it works well for the teacher that Madi had.
Something nice, but we really weren't ever too personal with her.
But I appreciate how Madi has learned and pushed through her struggles this year.
She came out of it in pretty great shape.
But for Cassi we did something fun.
I have been wanting to do these for a long time, and now I wish I would have done two sets at the same time so I could have one!
Oh well...they turned out pretty cute.
I hope she loves them
Cassi tells me that her teachers chalk board is magnetic, so I hope they will work for her there!

2 comments:

Erin said...

wow, i didn't know that you had to give teachers presents...i don't think i ever gave one to any of mine.
i love how porter is just going for that spaghetti, such a boy :)

Sara said...

Love the spaghetti pics!!! Porter is hilarious! I am so excited to get all these cousins together again! Oh... I can only imagine what Porter will teach Sean! lol

What an amazing gift you made for Cassi's teacher! WOW!!! I got a couple of gifts at Christmas time, but nothing at the end of the year. No big deal... I didn't give anything to Russell's teacher. :(