Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!!!

Happy Fathers Day!!!
I am so blessed that my kids have such an amazing Dad.
One who is so loving, playful, adventurous, cheers them on in whatever they love, teaches them all sorts of things, and spends OODLES of time with them.
I can honestly say that I think my kids are the luckiest ones in the world!

These first two pictures are from yesterday.
I took the kids out for a quick picture for Dad.
They turned out great...but man I was in bad shape after!
First of all, I was DRIPPING sweat after I got that picture of just the kids!
Good grief!
Elsie didn't want to have anything to do with pictures.
So I had to act like a maniac to get her to smile for me...and Porter loved that!
Both Madi and Cassi are like 'who is this crazy lady who has taken over our moms body!'
But hey, you do what you have to for the shot!
Dad needed a new picture of us to put inside him helmet.
Isn't that sweet?
He keeps a laminated picture of us inside his helmet.
So that was one of his Fathers Day gifts.
***************************
Well, we woke up this morning, after a long night of bad sleeping.
I think I have a sinus infection...
Madi and Porter both had fevers.
So we skipped church and watched movies all day.
Porter slept most of the day and woke up this afternoon in a pretty good mood.
We had planned all week to go see Dad at the fire station, so we headed that way around 4:30.
I am glad we did.
It was fun for the kids to see Brent...it is always fun to go to the fire station!
And it was just nice to get out of the house!!!
Dad and the kiddos...
Porter has a gummy worm in his mouth that he is trying to keep in...such a goofy smile!
We also made cookies to take to the fire guys.
But I think that maybe our kids ate most of the cookies while we were there...little turkeys!
We also took our gifts to Dad.
It was nice to spend some time with him on his special day!
Porter LOVES the 'chwuk' (truck)
He loved driving the truck.
The other crew got a call while we were there, so we got to watch them leave.
Porter loved the lights and sirens...
Elsie DID NOT like the lights and sirens.
It was a bummer, because just after we left, Brent got called on a call...the kids would have LOVED to see Dad leave on a call!
So it was great to get out and see Dad.
I hope we sleep better tonight so that tomorrow can be a good day!!!
********************************
I also have to say how amazing my other Dads are.
*
My very own Dad is the most selfless, kind, and loving person.
I have always described him as a big teddy bear.
Which he is.
I have never felt more safe then when my Dad would rock me to sleep at night, while I listened to his heart beating.
Thanks Dad for being such an amazing Dad, and for setting the bar high for the kind of Dad I wanted my kids to have!
*
And then there is Bumpa.
Oh dear sweet Bumpa.
Brent's Dad has been so sweat to me from the first time I spilled lemonade on his lap.
That man has the kindest eyes you have ever seen.
And boy is he a tease!
It still takes me a while to figure out when he is telling the truth or pulling my leg.
We are all smiles around him!
Thanks, Bumpa, for being such an amazing example for your little boy.
You did a pretty great job with him!
*

No comments: