Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Madi...

She just keeps growing up.
I can't believe she is 8 1/2.
I swear I just brought her home from the hospital!
Anyway...just thought I would write a little about Madi.
Mornings are usually horrible with both of us.
But This week, both of us are trying hard to wake up happy and work together to make it a good morning.
Cause if the morning goes good...then the rest of the day should be good too!
It has been going really well.
Madi is a very hard worker in our family.
She does put up a fight sometimes when it comes to doing homework or chores...but I guess that is just what kids do, right?
She is doing very well is school right now.
She is passing of her math facts like nobody's business!!!
We are very proud of her and her hard work.
Mad is also a BIG help with the little kids.
She is usually always willing to help out with them when I need her.
She could use a little help not getting so irritated by Cassi...but we are working on that too.
I just think Madi is a great kid.
I am thankful to have her in our family!
I hope we can continue to work with each other to make a peaceful home.

You can just tell how much the little ones love their Madi Bell!
****************************************
We had some rain/thunder storms roll in this evening....
We had fun sitting at the front door and watching for lightning.
And listening for the huge rolling thunder.
There is something very comforting to me to be in a rain/thunder storm with my little family.
I even told Brent that I wish we were camping all together.
Doesn't that sound like fun???
(But yes...we are cheater campers...we have a trailer!)
************************************
*I am Thankful for the rain we got...and I am okay with some more...but not too much, okay...I want the nice weather back too!
*I am Thankful for my weekly goals. They really have helped me to be a better person...hopefully.
*I am Thankful that Porter has been sleeping so good through the night. I know...most 17 month old children have been sleeping through the night for like...a YEAR....but my guy is finally doing it. YAY!!!

5 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Madi looks SOOO grown-up in that first picture!! Wow!

Brooke said...

Cute kiddos!! Love you all! And if it makes you feel better...Bridge just started sleeping through the night too...after a LONG night of screaming. Port's jammies are cute too!

Young family said...

Madi is such a great girl, and I agree that they grow way too fast....
'hey, and camping in a trailer is not cheating! We need to get a few trips planned....

The Holdaway Family said...

Madi is a great girl! It's funny when you put that she is 8 1/2 I first thought it was a typo, she always acts so much older than 8! I always just put her and Bailey together, I guess that's what happens when your the oldest, your just more mature!

Anonymous said...

I remember visiting you in the hospital when she was just born! Time flies by too fast. She really is a great kiddo, they all are.