Thursday, April 01, 2010

Happy April Fools Day!!!

What an adventurous day!
I think this day was made for our family....
We are always teasing each other and making trouble...and that is what April fools is all about!
I went running this morning and when I got back Madi came downstairs and Brent and I tried to get her to get ready for school...(cause we are on spring break).
She didn't fall for it.
Then when I was getting breakfast ready, Cassi came down and told me that she threw up in my bed...I totally believed her because she crawled in bed with me last night and sounded horrible...so I didn't doubt that she might not feel good.
But it was a joke.
Then we got the kids ready, we wanted to take them to Wahooz, but didn't tell them.
Got them all loaded and told them that we were going to Utah/Wyoming!
They were sceptical about us not having anything packed, but then we told them it was just a day trip (ya right!)
And we were on our way.
Well, we showed up at wahooz, they were sad about not seeing family, but I am not sure they really believed us anyway...
So they started to hop out and Brent says, "No, April Fools, we just needed to go to Lowes..." (which is across the street.)
So we pulled out like we were gonna leave...but then really pulled back in and went inside...ha ha...funny stuff.
They had a lot of fun playing at Wahooz with their friends!
Oh and Madi had rigged the sprayer in the sink to spray when the water turns on...which by the way, happens pretty often here...
Well, I had my camera on...and it sprayed my camera....not bad, it was fine...but could have been bad!
Oh yay, Brent told the kids I was pregnant...but I don't think they believe him!
The jokes went on all day...
My fav...Brent went out to take the garbage's out...(I know, he is doing too much!)
But really he wanted to take Porter out with him for his prank on me...
When I went out to help Brent with the garbage cans, this is what I found...
Brent had melted a candy bar and made it look like some relay great dog poop!
Oh man, funny stuff!
Then we did the classic 'penny in the funnel' trick on the girls.
Always a great one!
The girls were upstairs for a long time and came down with some kind of pulley system they wanted me to rig above Dads head to dump water on him...
Which obviously couldn't happen, but I thought it was very clever of them...using yarn and Gatorade bottles...smart girls.
******************************

And then we colored our Easter eggs tonight after dinner.
That is always an adventure!
They turned out pretty good!
*********************************
All the kids got an Easter card in the mail today from Aunt Emily!!!
Oh man, they loved it!
Just one more reason for them to love Aunt Emmy!
*********************************
*I am Thankful that the girls Easter dresses are AlMoSt done...and they are looking pretty cute!
*I am Thankful they turned out cute!
*I am Thankful that we had such a fun April Fools Day...what fun things did you do???

1 comment:

Sara said...

April fools day is a lot of fun! We didn't pull any pranks. Mostly because we weren't home. But, it sure is fun reading about all the fun in your house!